Thursday 25 February 2010

Brutal Deluxe

Icecreeeeeaaam

Apparently it is completely normal for a player to go off injured in every single football match played. Perfectly normal.

More injuries that stick and require some kind of squad management = good
Constant injuries every single game = bad

I struggle to remember the last game where I didn't see at least one player go off injured. I don't play hard tackling nor do I play high closing down yet it seems that every player is actually made of glass.

In a match I played recently there were 7 knocks and 1 green injury within the first 40 minutes of the game. Perfectly normal. Remind me which sport we are playing again ?

In other news the youth venture has started off fairly well with comfortable wins in all games so far. Then I thought i'd give #1 in the youth a game to see where they are at. Alas I had 3 players off injured and one in red condition before the first half finished. Needless to say the end result wasn't too pretty.

While I am moaning about injuries I am especially annoyed by how long it takes condition to go up once a player returns from injury. It usually takes more games than the actual injury lasted to get them close to 100% fitness. I reckon I have played 30+ CPU games over the last week just trying to get players back to fitness. It seems to take about 7-10 games per player... fun times.

The random result generator isn't treating the seniors too badly so far. Although my main striker going off injured the last game was a bit of a blow, then the guy I brought on for him also going off injured then my other striker... wait for it.... going off injured... and all sticking has presented a problem. Turns out having 7 strikers wasn't too many after all.




1 comment:

  1. I think the answer is obvious...

    Play a striker at every position on the pitch. That way, when one goes off injured, you have one ready to play. Problem solved :D

    Seriously, another nice read. Been a fan of the Rage Quit blog since it started :)

    ReplyDelete