Tuesday 9 February 2010

Franco!



I nearly forgot the most important news of all. All time legend and hero, Sir Franco has returned to me and is set to play next season. Signed for £500k on a Returning Star option contract and ready to play in FA games next season. Unfortunately the attribute fix doesn't seem to effect players who are on option so i'm expecting quite a big attribute drop next season.

He managed 1966 apps / 946 goals /663 assists / 318 MOTM From MC in his first outing for me in live and is my all time hero. Alas his age also appears to be wrong so i'm only expecting a season or so of Franco genius but he appears to be as good as ever from his friendly outings. Captain, Corner taker, penalty taker, top scorer, top assists, top average, top MOTM and general hero!

Anyway the league is on it's third run now and I finished 2nd in the first two runs. Unfortunately at the end of the last run the ME decided it was time for me to lose every single game and sent me on a run of 1 win in 11 games after previously losing about 2 in 25. The third run has started much the same with 1 win in 5 and I get super keepered or destroyed by youth teams every game now. So from title challenges to relegation fodder in the space of 4 days with nothing having changed at all - because that's something which happens often :rolleyes:

With the quick relegations/promotions i've noticed how many teams just keep getting successive promotions or relegations proving form is pretty much everything as there's not really much difference in the quality of the teams. My team probably deserves to be near the bottom really but somehow managed to finish so high twice. This is down to unexplainable form which I likely gained from playing about 12 home games in a row a couple of weeks ago and winning them all due to the overpowered form you get at your home ground.

So basically it's time to sell the team, sign up some returning stars on low wages and hope the ME will let me start winning some games again once the next season starts properly. But that probably depends if the moon has aligned in the correct position with the sun in time for the March Equinox or something. The good thing is if I lose all my remaining games it might push rep down enough to reduce wage demands.

I did play an interesting game the other day where a 15 year old with 1 technical attribute hitting double figures and most physical attributes in single figures totally dominated my midfield and scored a cracking goal in the process... but the less said about that game the better.

Other good news is my monitor appears to be working properly again after previous rage related incidents and no longer loses display and goes a swirly pink colour. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment