Saturday 20 February 2010

Youth Gone Wild

The current pre-season in Miller seems to have lasted an absolute eternity. The pre-season period has actually been reduced to five days now but this wont kick in until next season. But with all the recent changes it's like there is virtually nothing to do at all!

There's no prize money in friendly competitions any more (good change obviously), there's no title for Super FA competitions (understandable),there's very little point to looking at rankings any more with the new reputation bandings and I don't need to play any human managers to keep people fit because there's CPU teams for that.

So this pre-season I have just logged and played a few CPU teams each day and with the recent wage auction changes it means I can just lock all my players so I don't even need to worry about having to buy anyone !

It's essential that some kind of unofficial official competitions are set up with some worthwhile rewards for times like this and even to play during quieter periods of the season. Add a bit of cash into some Super FA competitions, some big RP payouts or even some unique RP store type prizes ! A small amount of cash wont be enough to create a big imbalance if done properly and will add some excitement to playing non official games again. Get some specific event orgs in too with their main role being to organise ad hoc and weekly type competitions along these lines.

Anyway you know how I really hate regens ? You know how they are all rubbish and my team is database only ? Well, this morning I was so bored due to the above I decided to sign a youth team in time for the new season! I've just gone for a load of cheap ones from the free list that look like they can perform and get me some results. I did used to have a top ranked youth team alongside my senior team back in the day before I sold them all, for being rubbish, so I think i've got a good pick.

It's harder than ever to sell older players on Miller with seemingly me being the sole person willing to buy these players so i'm hoping I might be able to make some cash from the youth scene if nothing else. Can we have the progression graph back for players we don't own please ? So we can see which older players are worth signings ? I've been stung big time by this with one player as I didn't really anticipate he would lose about 3 pace in as many days.

There's normally some kind of bizarre situation going on around my club and this season will be no different. My team will be representing my FA in the Gold Cup again this season, however my team isn't in the top division of the FA ! Due to the new FA structures and teams being assigned via reputation I have ended up in the Championship - My team is only 2 seasons old so I only have two seasons contributing to my reputation!

I did have a 3 season plan to make it to top of the GW but i've messed this up big time because I decided to change tactic and needed to make massive team changes and I randomly ended up with 7 strikers all of whom seem to range between age 30-34 and don't really fit my tactic properly. So well, that's probably off now as i'm lacking enough cash to try it again for next season. All woe as usual.

In other news I have been playing some more FM10 this week (well worth buying if you haven't got the latest version, much better than FM09) and coming from FML it is just shockingly easy! Playing as Leeds I won League 1 in the first season which is probably to be expected. Then in the second season I finished 14 points clear in the Championship scoring about 130 goals in the process ! I was robbed in the FA Cup semi Final in the same season too by a MOTM goalkeeping performance while mine got a 5 and let in every shot. First season in the Premier League and i'm probably going to end up in the Champions League with relative ease. I suspect I would have actually won the league if I didn't buy Fraizer Campbell for £14m.....

I just plugged in players from my attribute templates, hooked up the latest cheat formation, set up the corner routines and with the pick of the database at my hands bought the perfect player for my budget for every position. Result ? I have about 10+ clear cut chances every game and smash every team off the pitch. Unfortunately fucking Fraizer Campbell missing 6 one on ones per match is preventing me from kicking on - he actually missed 8 in one game !!

Still get the random games where you can't beat the poor teams though. I think I had 14 clear cut chances against some lower league team in League Cup while they had 2 shots and took me to extra time. Took a random 40 yard punt and a penalty to win it for me in the end. Same shit, different game and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment