Sunday 1 August 2010

Time for Heroes

It's been a long hard run in the EFA this time round. As the dust settles from run 2 I have 5 players out injured, no midfield left, suspensions all over the place and a lack of funds to bring in replacements.

Fortunately, I have won promotion to the Championship with a 3rd place finish ! I'm so proud of my team. I was the 4th lowest ability team in the division and could see a massive gulf in class in various games. Watching my team run round like headless chickens getting totally out classed, but they never gave up and grinded out the results when it mattered.

I stuck to my own advice and didn't panic in any games, just let the magic of the ME do its job. I was massively screwed over on several occasions with last minute equalisers and winners for the opposition all over the place but I had my fair share of ME bullshittery on my side too.

So i'm half way through the first season of my 3 season plan to win the Premiership and i'm 1 tier away. I really can't see me getting promoted for a 3rd time in a row next run though.

As i'm starting with half my team injured or suspended i'm going to have massive problems but i'm going to go for it, all out to win promotion. There's no other way, forget about the building for the future, everything is now, death or glory. If it's not looking good after a few games the plan is to avoid relegation, then buy a completely new team for season 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment