Wednesday 18 August 2010

White Flag.

Subscription cancelled.

Fuck this game, fuck the shitty match engine, fuck it up the arse, fuck everyone involved with it, i'm done. The game is horrifically broken.

Form is a complete fucking joke. Just because I lost a few games toward the end of last season and despite replacing much of my squad, why does this mean I have to start the next season in bad form ?

Why, despite having the best squad in the division in terms of ability can I not win a single game ? Why ? All of my players are prime match engine hackers, they are better than any other team in the division. My tactics are perfectly set up to exploit all the ME holes, yet I STILL CANT FUCKING WIN A GAME DUE TO THIS BULLSHIT FORM CRAP.

I've had 6 CCCS, i've had 60% possession, he scores with 1st shot on goal. He scores with 2nd shot on goal. I continue to dominate the game, it's 2-2. He's down to 10 men, OF FUCKING COURSE HE SCORES THE WINNER with his 3rd shot on goal.

I'm playing an all youth team with an average ability of 11. Most of his players don't have more than few attributes in double figures, yet he totally destroys me ? How on earth is this football ? What's changed from last season ? I replaced a load of 16k AF players, who won the division, with good players worth money?

Every game is freak series of events where I dominate the game and get screwed over by something totally bizarre. I've seen this in beta where I went from finishing 2nd in Premier League to relegation spots in the Championship in the space of 2 weeks. Right. Ok. That's not random is it ? Nope, not at all.

Like it's going to get any better with the new ME changes. We were complaining about this youth team crap in DECEMBER, NINE MONTHS ago. Why wasn't it fixed then ? How much longer before the new ME stuff is released ? It will no doubt still be broken in some new exciting way.

The 433 thing was well known before the reset too, it was moaned about on the beta forums quite a lot but again, "there's nothing to see here, move along"

There's absolutely nothing of interest in development for the game as far as I can see either. Youth academies are bollocks, I don't give a shit what they do with them, I have absolutely no interest in this whatsoever.

What else is there in the pipeline... Cheating, Market Value and Moderation apparently. Great, that's really going to give me something else to do isn't it.

The game is full of half arsed, half finished features like reward points, stadiums and CPU challenges which add absolutely sweet fuck all to the game.

Develop _things to do_ No one gives a crap about how Market Value is calculated. It's not even as though you can play in fun competitions due to this minor/major form rubbish which I have also been moaning about for probably going on 18 months now. I'm pretty sure the reason I started this blog was partially down to that.

I feel sorry for Ov in a way because he's spent a lot of time developing the game and listening to feedback for the whole thing to be ruined by the shitty ME. The new FAs work well (in general), things like player pools were cool and the injury system is a massive improvement. Well, the system is, having 5-6 players injured every fucking game isn't.... but I digress again.

But why was starting a new GW and the resultant economy effects not tested before the reset ? No new GW was run any further than half a season so no one ever saw what was going to happen to the economy, no one knew what would happen with inflation. Things like all the players becoming unlocked at the end of season 1 went unnoticed.

Why was no proper XFA structure put in place ? Some GWs are pretty good for this, but why was no specific XFA event organises appointed to create and run community competitions ? My other GW was a joke, it wasn't until I complained to support that they finally decided to start some, and even then the ones they did were shit, had stupid rules and were completely pointless due things like home playing rights being on in every competition.

What would make me play again ? FML + the old match engine we had before 1.3 (I'll pay everyone's sub for a month if the current one is even playable before the end of this year), a proper PvE structure, no major/minor form and someone with some sense appointed to be in charge of the XFA in every GW. I'd also remove half the mods for being complete clueless fuckwits (tmaz ones are all fine)

I'd also want a new GW, not because of the catching up thing, but because the database is fucked on most GWs now due every other player being an Olympic sprinter - again, raised at least 6 months ago about there being too many high paced regens. I noticed this in Miller well before the reset with just about every team filled with massively pacey youth players.

But the trouble with the beta is there's about 15 people who post on the forums. So you get about 3 people who think something is wrong, a couple who disagree and the rest don't have an opinion on that issue. So SI see 3 people moaning about something (433 anyone? Youth teams anyone?) then think it's not an issue. Then it gets rolled out in live and everyone is going mental about it while a few people are sitting there banging heads on desks thinking.... Well I did say....

There's simply no enjoyment in the game any more, there's no rhyme reason to results, there's no reason to do anything tactical. It's like noughts and crosses, where you know if you do the right thing first you will win every single time. There's absolutely no logic to anything you need to do. You just play 433, play narrow, get loads of pace and jumping and you win. Until completely out of the blue hit bad form and you simply cannot win under any circumstance.

I don't think the game is ever going to succeed. Considering what needs adding, and factoring in SI time, I reckon we are looking at another 18 months of development time. A lot of people say the game was more fun before the reset but if you think about it nothing much has changed. But I enjoyed it more too, why ? Probably because the game has always been fun for the minority, for the few teams at the top of the pile. In the new FML, this isn't even fun any more so even the top teams are bored. Since rankings were killed, since money making competitions were removed (and not filled by some decent XFA stuff in most GWs) there's nothing to do as a top team and making money is easy. Then you don't need any skill because you just do the 433 with pace. Right now I feel like I did before I said the game needed to be reset.... a few months later it was.

Anyway i've kinda quit several times before, but my main team subscription lapsed a couple of months back and my second account IS cancelled now, so that's it.

If I was given a free 12 month subscription right now, I wouldn't use it. I don't even want to play the game for free. It's a complete waste of time logging in, to do nothing, so you can get AI to play league games where the result will depend on which way the wind is blowing.

I could ramble on about this for about another 10,000 words but everyone has probably stopped reading by now.

If anyone still is reading now, every single thing i've moaned about on FML has become a big problem/issue a few months after I said it would. So if you want to make the game good by doing one thing, listen to me and.... Sort out PvE

Rage out.

9 comments:

  1. sorry to hear you're quitting but I can understand it. Hopefully you can try it out again in a year or so (if it is still around). There will be a brand new corner exploit then!

    The way that SI insist on running every fix through beta and rely on beta testers to test and report every bug is one of the main reasons they seem to be unresponsive in fixing issues or addressing critical ME changes. They need to get a dedicated internal test team (2-3 people minimum) and accelerated internal gameworlds where they can test these changes over the long term to see what occurs. Either that or they need to "incentivize" the beta testers in some way in order to give people a REASON to log on, test for bugs, and report those bugs. All this stuff about how beta testers are "privileged" to playtest FML for free and help with development of the game is complete bullshit - I have two beta accounts and don't bother to log into either of them anymore unless there are significant new features that I want to see or test out. I don't have the time on my hands to log into a gameworld that can be reset at any time to playtest a game for a company FOR FREE. Add in that the economy and player distribution in beta gameworlds are totally fucked beyond recognition and something needs to be changed.

    I'm ranting so much I should just post on my OWN blog at this point :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll be back as you always do again and again

    ReplyDelete
  3. nah the difference in the past was I wanted to play the game but for them to fix a few smaller things.

    Now I just don't want to play, plus I have other things to do instead.

    It was ruining the season by not being able to be online enough anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go as far as saying if SI want FML to exist in 2 years time, they MUST sort out the PvE part.

    The game doesn't appeal to anyone in it's current format. I hope Ov & co will sort it out. I really do feel sorry for the team.

    Hope you find something else to start raging about in this blog T-Bag. Always interesting to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to disagree with anything you've written there. My rage of a few months back was as a result of replacing a team of £16k players with £1m+ Aq Fee players are doing a lot worse and losing to awful superkids.

    Development wise I don't know doesn't seem to be a great 'vision' as to what they want the game to be it's just a bit wishy washy:)

    My subs are cancelled but I still would like to play a FML type game. If they stick with it eventually it must come right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally got around to cancelling my Nunez account. FML's got one last chance to show me it's worth my time, over in Francescoli. Not a good start, though it's early days. You'll probably see me swear off FML for the 800th time in a few weeks when we finish the season winless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a company that has put out a very solid line of single player football sims, they seem pretty clueless and inept at bringing FML under control. They've always said "FML isn't FM, it's not supposed to be"... but with the way things are going with the Live version, they could use some of the strength, focus, 'gameworld' stability, and direction of the single-player product.

    FM offers tight gameplay, all the pieces work together and you generally understand how the 'gameworld' is set up and where your club stands and what needs to be done to improve and how to do it. FML is growing more and more into a car without brakes, out of control, accelerating into a mess without a driver at the wheel. Fundamental and profound problems in the ME, the economy, the academy production, the regen attributes, all just spiraling out of control, ruining gameplay and destablizing the entire system. It seems like there has been no success in getting it under control.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No more blogging about this game for me. It's gotten to a point that it's not even worth it. It ain't worth my time or the reader's time to go over the same shit over and over again when SI clearly do not have any interest in saving us from pulling whatever's left of our hair out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cry me a fuckin river you pussy.

    ReplyDelete