Friday 30 July 2010

Never Lose Your Sense of Wonder

hmm.

Not going especially well at the moment, went about 6 games without a win yesterday. I'm suffering from copious amounts of ME bullshittery at the moment. To be fair, I have one of the lowest abilities in my division so I should be losing games, but why do I have to dominate the games then lose ? Why do I have to lose in the 94th minute ? Why do I have to be completely robbed of every single result by some freak event ? Because that's what FML is about - destroying your soul.

Anyway, i've found a bit of time to write a blog post now. After my entire midfield got injured, it's time for my entire strike force to be injured. My main striker got injured for 1 single game so now it's going to take around 10 CPU games before he's in a state to play my last AI game of the day. Fun times. It's so demented.... your striker hurts his hand wanking, misses one game then needs another 10 games to get his fitness back... riiiiight, okay. Most annoyingly half the challenges go to bloody extra time too, meaning there's no fitness benefit to the extra 10 minutes worth of wasted life. Just come back to a CPU game where i've not watched anything whatsoever, to see 30 shots on goal against a level 1 team and i'm apparently not winning. gg wp.

Predicted points has me 2nd still despite the amount of times I have been robbed but i'm going to be away tomorrow so will miss all my AI games and wont have time to play 20+ CPU games to get fitness back. I just need to be in top 4 for promotion and then i'll be happy. I didn't expect to start this high in the FA so i'm a bit ahead of myself and had not planned for this, just need 2 more promotions to hit the big time.

Anyway, all these shitty CPU games has got me thinking again. There needs to be some better PvP experience in FML rather than playing these pointless challenges, not paying any attention to what is going on then waiting for the match to finish so my striker can gain an extra 1% fitness.

Lets get some real teams going on in the CPU leagues instead of "Random Uninteresting Town" Obviously the player licences are in place because we have the players, so I find it hard to believe that they don't have the rights to use real life teams.

So instead of playing boring CPU challenges why not let me enter my team in the English League starting in the Conference and working my way up, playing real teams like on FM ? Maybe I could go play in Spain or Italy instead, against the likes of AC Milan and Barcelona. Now you instantly have a great PvE experience and reason to stay on line longer.

So you could play a full season in your own time, play as few or as many games as you like against real life teams and work your way up into the Premiership to see how YOUR team competes against the real life big boys.

But would people be more interested in playing these games rather than the normal FA games ? Maybe, but lets say you can be challenged while playing these games (while not in DnD) and we can use SI's awesome new match recovery system to auto resume the PvE game when you have done with your live game.

Come on, even if for some reason you can't use real teams, just use real players and make some fake teams or something. There's about a million and one ways you could make this awesome.

Forget about youth academies and crap like this, it's just a yawnathon, sort out the PvE aspect so people have reason to stay online more.

On another side note, the forums are still fucking shit. I can't believe how badly they have managed to ruin the site. Every every time load a new thread you have to wait about 3 seconds before you can even start scrolling, then it's a massive lagathon just scrolling down the page. Honestly, I can't think of another website which is worse which I use. Even if I refresh the forum, then switch to another tab while it's refreshing, it lags out my entire browser....

Sort it out so I can moan about things more please because visiting the forum is now a massive pain in the arse.

2 comments:

  1. Always liked the idea of real teams instead of computer teams, think it could get in the way of PvP games, maybe limit everyone to one season per fml season, or somthing.

    You still winning prem in 3 seasons? I like your squad its a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, unless we get any ME changes which will result in an adjustment period which could slow things down.

    ReplyDelete