Thursday 16 July 2009

FML is pointless

I have had an eventful week or so on FML where I have come extremely close to quitting and even more angry.

I posted this on the forum at the weekend, didn't go down too well with some and got me an infraction in the process:

FML is pointless:

Reason being is that official league form is utterly random and has no relation to anything and is not based on anything whatsoever. It doesn't matter how good your team is, how long you have spent on tactics, how long you spent analysing the opposition team's weakness.... come league day and every game is just run through the RANDOM-O-LEAGUE-RESULTS-GENERATOR-MATIC @SI TM to produce some stupid result. Even the games you win are a complete utter nonsense of last minute comebacks, no possession, not creating chances and lucky wins. Why do you have to lose every game unfairly ? Why can't you just be the better team and win a game fairly ? Why can't you be the poorer team and lose?

Every season I have ever season on FML since the beta has been exactly the same. As soon as you play any away game it's time to draw or lose to some utterly dire team just to 'spice things up' or something. You play them in any kind of non FA competition and hammer them into the ground, then it's FA day and suddenly you can't even get a shot on goal.

Even in the new Super FAs with the neutral ground you STILL get these farcical games and results, opposition GK on MOTM and you getting 1 shot wondered every bloody game. Play them outside the FA and you get a result which has some basis in reality, like, you play them off the field and win. I'd prefer to play the game without taking part in any FA but I understand this is not allowed and I would get assigned to a casual FA ? Why ? I just want to play the game and have results which have some fucking bearing on something.

I've decided to moan on here rather than spend time selling my whole team and giving this game up in the hope that I feel different in the morning. If not that's it, my whole team is going in auction.

I want someone to explain to me what the hell is happening with league form. Why is it so different to normal games ? Why do crap teams become godlike ? Why do you draw so many games away from home ?

And they wonder why people are more concerned with friendly competitions rather than official league games.... it's perfectly understandable IMO. League games are just random bollocks that appear to have no basis in reality at all. I have little interest in my league these days as I can pretty much predict exactly what is going to happen before it even kicks off.

Don't even get my started on cups... I specifically requested NOT to be assigned to any FA cup this season which involved 2-legs, but apparantly i'm not allowed to do that either??? I've spent the last few seasons purposely losing the first leg by playing defenders in goal etc and won several cups doing so. I hoped to avoid having to do this ridiculous tactic this season by not playing in them, but apparently nooo

No comments:

Post a Comment