Thursday 16 July 2009

Two legged cups

Seems this has also got me in trouble this week.

Anyone with eyes or not suffering from some kind of mental issues should be aware that, any cup tie in any competition, is horribly broken. The majority of the time the team who wins the first leg goes on to lose the second leg. The reason is simple. The players of the side which take the lead into the tie see the match score as the score from the first leg. So if you won the first leg 3-0, as soon as the match kicks off your players think "hey we are 3-0 up, lets just kick back and relax" and half the team are 'complacent' within 15 minutes. They score a couple of goals, your players have made mistakes, they have a low average rating and so confidence drops more!

If the opposition team is very weak or you only won the first leg say 1-0 then this tends not to happen so much. Even if you don't lose the tie overall your players will play like chumps and you will lose the match.

So I was thinking I need to not win the first leg so well to stop this happening. So I spent a season playing my youths team in the first leg and main team in second leg. This worked quite well and I won a few cups with this tactic. Trouble was as my youth team got better they started beating teams, drawing or only losing by the odd goal. So I decided to see what would happen if I used the abandon match button to lose the first leg 3-0. This didn't go down well and got me reported to Sega. Incidentally it didn't work, none of his players went complacent in the second leg and I drew 2-2.

I've now been told i'm not allowed to do anything which I THINK may be an exploit??

Any abandonment of official matches (or fielding deliberately weakened teams with the intention of losing) will be treated as breaking the above rules and could result in disciplinary action taken against your club or suspension/removal from the Football Assciation concerned!

Now whether there is an issue with 2-legged cup ties or not (I personally do not think there is from my 2 year's playing experience and I always play to win both legs - but I'm happy to be proved wrong) if YOU believe there is an exploit there then you should not try and exploit it. This includes both abandonning matches and making substitutions in order to conceed goals or deliberately lose matches. - RT

Does this mean i'm not allowed to wear my lucky T-shirt any more ? I'm pretty sure this helps me win most games but seen as I BELIEVE it is an exploit i'm not allowed to do it?? what??? Are corner goals not exploiting the ME ?

I get that there are no ME changes at the moment and we are waiting on the FM10 engine but why can't someone acknowledge this problem ? Why have 2-legged cup ties not been suspended from official competitions ?

Anyway i'm still totally confused about what kind of team I am allowed to play in 2-legged cups this season.... Will giving my youths a go in the GC get me in trouble ? Maybe if I just play defensive instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment