Thursday 23 July 2009

Calm like a bomb

I lost a game this morning. There was no rage. Order has been restored. So I sold my entire first team save a few players so now when I lose games it is because my team is poor and this does not anger me.

I decided to clear my FA ai before the auctions ended which would give me 48 hours before any auto resolves to construct a new team. After spanking most teams I was starting to think I might have been a bit hasty. Then I got round to an away game against a deactivated team which soon made me realise I had not made a mistake by auctioning my team. So i've had 7 clear cut chances and he's scored with a penalty which has been his only 'attack' of the game. Fun times commenence until I finally equalise in 90+6 with a corner goal.

Anyway i'm still annoyed by various things at the moment. First off is how low half of my players sold which I attribute to two things. 1) people are idiots and wont bid on anyone over the age of 12 and 2)No one has any money from not investing in stadium, paying 100m to sign some 16 year old then paying them 50k a week.

Naldo sold for 200k. He is 33 and on £24,000 wages. His Natural Fitness is 19 and he has had almost zero attribute degredation over his career and infact has some yellows and greens still. So to own a player who is almost guaranteed a goal every other game as well one of the best defenders in the game would cost £670k in wages for the season. How many games would those goals win ? How many cups, leagues and competitions would he win you ? Seriously, why would you rather pay 30k wages on some 16 year old ? You will have pay him 4m+ in wages before he's likely to be first team ready. Even with zero resale value this is still a mega bargain. Do the maths people.......

In other annoying news I found a regen who had my name and spent the best part of 3 seasons trying to wrestle him away from idiots who didn't play him. The first one gave up on the game the day he signed him yet set a daft auto renew amount on the day and the other one seemed to value him at about £1m despite the fact he's rubbish. So today i'm greeted with this:

Lee Jones has disappointed supporters of your club by publicly announcing that he is considering leaving at the end of his contract. Jones is believed to feel unsettled at the number of players competing for the same place in the team as him and it is believed this is the reason why he is considering bringing his time at Strawberryfield to a close.

Are you shitting me ? I've got 1 senior midfielder who is retiring!

So what am I doing now ? Well i'm trying to construct a team that wont get hammered to get me through until end of season and then spend some cash in the wage auctions. My aim is to retain a top 10 ranking until the end of the season. New tactics have been prepared and new, cheap, signings should be arriving shortly.

Nice little screenshot before I drop down. Rank 1-5 all joined the GW as friends from outside the FML world and for the first time we occupy the top 5 spots :)


No comments:

Post a Comment