Friday 17 July 2009

Is it any wonder ?

Another game, another GK MOTM and another 1-shot-wonder (1sw)...

How many times will this happen throughout the season ? Well I will tell you ! I have been recording data on this to support my annoyance. At the last count, 48% of FA based games I had either drawn or lost, the opposition GK got MOTM!!!! It would also be around 70% if I disregarded results against the only 2 good teams I've played. Also that's not including games I have won where the opposition keeper has got MOTM either! I don't even want to look at the number of 1sws but the stats are skewed as they normally get another shot in near end or something.

In-between typing this I have won two games, the opposition GK got MOTM in both... I scored 3 goals in one of those games.

So it's my tactics not creating the right chances ? The one where my striker scores 1 in 1 in friendly games ? The one which lead my team to 90 games unbeaten ? Yes I think this is clearly the reason. Various tweaks have done nothing to help. When your creating 5+ CCCS a game what more can you do ?

In another related annoyance of the day my GWC opponent got AI rights over me despite me chucking a few challenges in. Having checked the game it appears I lost. It appears I was 1sw'ed, it appears I was 1sw'ed in the 94th minute...... Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment