Saturday 18 July 2009

An expensive mistake

Ok this one is my fault but it still annoyed me!

During my previous week of anger at the way things were going I decided to address the problem with a new signing. As per my FM strategy down the years, if something is not working, buy more attacking players. I figured I needed to beef up my midfield with an older and experienced player so off I went to see what the ageists had ignored on the free list.

A 32 year old chap by the name Gastón Fernández looked like he would do the trick. Good pace, acceleration, dribbling, passing and decent finishing. His wage was £26k, so combined with his Aquistion Fee I paid a total of £660k.

Ready for his debut i'm deciding where best to place him then I realise he can't actually play in MC ! He can only play in AMC. I try him in MC anyway and he averages a 5.9 meaning I have nowhere to fit him in my team and he is completely useless to me.

Having spent £5m on players this week and racking up a wage bill of £283k in the process it was time to cut my losses and move him on.

He sold for £2ok. So including paying his wages for 3 days I made a net loss of £718k from this particular deal.

Would anyone else like me to buy a player for them..

1 comment:

  1. This blog is great. It's like someone who finally feels the way I do about FML! I'm having similar hard times in beta GW Miller, so I know your pain.

    I'd still have you buy me a player, because you, like me, value a quality veteran player :D

    ReplyDelete