Sunday 2 August 2009

No rage

I have had a reasonable FML related week or so of calm. After selling my team and buying in a few duffers I still managed to somehow finish 4th in the league and only dropped to 9th in the World Rankings. I think I also only missed out on the Super FA league finale by 1 point - which i'm blaming on a 3-0 up fucked it up, 3-3 draw.

Only 2 outfield players remain from last season and they are both youth players. A new squad has been brought in with spending right up to the overdraft limit. A few old men discarded as dead by everyone else combined with some youth and quality forms my new squad. Played around 30 or so friendlies over the last day or so with zero defeats and just a couple of draws.

Pre-season optimism is high, the lows of last season are long forgotten. This will be the season..... Actually I know it wont because i'll be angry about the random league results in a week so I decided to move FA to play some AI games all season.

So all is good ? New team, new tactic, new FA, back to being unbeatable. Well actually no it's bloody not, i've got many things to moan about.

"Spazmo feels there is too much competition for a first team place" - WHAT? You are 20 years old, you have played EVERY single FA game you were eligible for last season (over 150) and there is no other player at the club who can play in your posistion ???

I have a squad of 27 players and only 9 senior outfield players yet my youths who PLAY in the bloody first team want to leave ? I've had 3 reject auto extends already but managed to resign them. This morning I lost my ever first player in WA in 8 seasons on St John. Of course I didn't get outbid or something simple like that. I bid 5k and the other guy bid 5k - he got him for bidding first!! He's my player!

I started getting these messages just before my 'rage sale' so even after selling my entire first team they didn't become happy. I can't even replace what I have lost because any signing is going to piss off the rest of the squad and i'm still in the middle of auto extends. I have one more key first team youth player, the aforementioned Spazmo, who I need to resign yet.

Moving on to something else, injuries are annoying me again. I have had the audacity to PLAY the game this weekend setting up some Quickplays and getting some friendlies in. The result ? Yep, players injured and one set to miss the start of the season. Of course I have cover but he got injured too so I now can't play the game today unless I want to risk losing. FML is the only game which seems to reward you for NOT playing the damn thing - is it telling me something ?

In other rage related news I decided it was time to punt up a new stand. I spent around an hour or so with the calculator out doing my sums and looking at the preview reputation tab and the atmosphere tab. In the end I decided it would be best to knock up the most expensive stand on the basis of the huge corporate provisions which could have brought my stadium income to around £265k just from 2 boxes. I wasn't so worried about the empty seats because my atmosphere was still 4.5*. Shortly after confirming this I discover, not through any kind of official communication, that empty seats will have an effect on stadium atmosphere and atmosphere will have an effect on the new ME. **bangs head against wall repeatedly** So now I will need to fill an entire 3 tier monster with seats - I'd estimate this will cost around £10m not including corporate boxes and will take well over a year to pay back. I'm scared to actually work it out properly as I know it will just annoy me.

I despair at this game I really do. I think it would actually be cheaper to knock the stand down while it's building, losing the £2m it has cost me and building a 2-tier instead! I think it would work out cheaper on the basis of not cost as much to fill the stadium with seats. My aim for this season is to stop pissing money away though as I reckon I have lost somewhere in the region of £7m through my own stupidity and rage in the last 3 weeks. So if anyone wants to suggest how I can sort this out then please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment