Sunday 9 August 2009

Black Magic

The 1.2 update saw the introduction of the new tactics wizard, or tactical interface as I understand the preferred term to be. I'm going to refer to it as the Wizard because this thing is more magical than Harry Potter.

I have noticed a huge increase in the number of super keeper-ings, one shot wonders (1sw) or games where you simply can't create anything at all. It's getting to the point where it's literally every single game I don't win except against 4 teams who have good teams. I believe I have found the cause of this and it is this bloody wizard!

I've been speaking to my opponents and every single one where this is happening appears to be using a magical wizard created tactic. The problem usually starts by you being unable to create _anything_ at all in the match because of the defensive set up of the tactics. With a little bit of time you can counter this but it just seems you have already passed the point where it's possible for you to score and the opposition GK is already on 'playing with confidence'

Full respect to anyone who creates a hard working team of poor players and an effective tactic but it is slightly frustrating when they are simply pressing a button to get the same result. It's possible that the defensive nature of the tactics mean that the ME has calculated the result as a draw but sees you have awesome players and decides they should have 40 shots on goal, I don't know but it's most annoying.

It's not just me experiencing this either, it seems most of the top teams on our GW are getting repeatedly done over by super keepers. I know this has always happened in the past but it is most certainly on the rise since the last patch and the introduction of the new tactical interface.

They certainly seem to be more George Graham inspired rather than Arsene Wenger!

No comments:

Post a Comment