Saturday 15 August 2009

To add insult to injury

I usually run some small, free quickplays over the weekend and without exception this results in me picking up some kind of injury. Seen as everyone likes to break my forward's legs and he gets regular injuries I decided to insure him. On a £40k wage the insurance cost is £4k so he only needs to get injured once every 10 days for me to break even and anything else is a £40k cash bonanza. With my finances still looking decidedly unhealthy and my striker who gets injured with alarming regularity I decided I was onto a winner.

As expected, because I had actually dared to play the game *shock* it's not long before someone hard tackles him, he goes off injured and he's out for a day. Cash back! Unfortunately one of my key MCs also picked up a day long injury in this, pointless, free, fun competition.

All went to plan really. All my league AI was finished for the day, there was nothing for the next day that couldn't wait, so what am I annoyed about ? Well as soon as these injuries come in every man women and dog on the GW suddenly wants to play me. The teams I had challenged several times over the past week, while 'online' who had previously ignored my challenges, suddenly 'decide' now is when they want to play me.

So of course I log on today to find I have lost my AI rights over these teams and they can now play me when they see fit while I have no team because they got injured in a friendly tournament.

Can people not see how fundamentally flawed this is ? To avoid the above I could have a)not played the friendly tournament or b) logged straight off when I got the injuries. But once again I am punished for attempting to retain some activity in the GW and add to the community.

Oh I nearly forgot the ultimate insult in all of this. Some chap always joins my quickplays and he has never beaten me. He's got a pretty decent team but for some reason I appear to be his nemesis and in the last 3 months he has recorded 17 defeats to me and 3 draws. The last game in the quickplay wouldn't start for some reason so after I had already lost some AI rights and as it was quite late I decided to call it a night. I log on this morning to find he has beaten me AI 3-1 !!

FML - Still the only MMO to reward you for not playing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment