Monday 15 March 2010

Champions League ? Your having a laugh !

Well actually i'm not, but the ME is.

I was going to post about things I like and that i'm looking forward to in the reset but i'm really not having a good day (unrelated to FML) and decided to moan about my favourite subject instead.

I decided to start again, again, on FML beta and in the meantime I thought I would push on with my FM10 game which is now on the 839 ME which is pretty much what FML is running.

Playing as Leeds, first season I stormed League 1 (understandable) then the second season I stormed the Championship by about 20 clear points (probable?) then the third season in the Premiership ? Things are going to be tough now, or so I thought.

Well actually, not really. It's a piece of piss because most attributes and player ability mean nothing whatsoever in this ME and beating bigger teams is actually easier than smaller ones.

So here's my team.


And here's where I finished:


I also won the league cup.

Now LOOK at the state of my team ! Jermain Beckford.... I downloaded the real time editor after finishing this season and he has a CA of 120 yet manages 30 goals against the best in the world ? I only missed out on 3rd place because I lost to someone near bottom of the league in the last game which brings me nicely on to my next point. I did lose quite a few games this season, with the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd what else should I expect ? Well, actually I spanked all of those teams off the park and beat Arsenal 6-2 to get to the League Cup final.

The only teams I lost to were the likes of Hull, Spurs (who were in relegation places most of the season) Fulham, Bolton. The only top team that beat me really was Man City - and that was only after I was 3-0 up and they had 10 men before they scored 4 in the last 20 minutes, like you do.

So i'm once again concluding that it is EASIER for poor teams to beat better teams and player ability is absolutely bloody meaningless ! I didn't even get lucky against most of the teams, I completely played them off the park. My squad was so small I only had 2 fit midfielders at one point when the ANC was on.

I think i've got it cracked now as to what is needed for a team to win games on this ME. I'm not going to bother going into detail because the reset is looming and i'll take any advantage I can get but if anyone wants to check out those players there's some common traits. Except Ben Parker, who's a fucking mystery he's just shit on all levels! (CA 121)

With this being FM10 I suppose people will suspect some jiggery pokery, but I can assure you there was no editing or anything going on. In the interest of honesty I will admit I cheated one match. I saved it just before playing bottom of the league Bolton at home who promptly turned into Brazil and smashed me 3-0 ending a nice run I was on. I only saved it because I knew this would happen. But in the grand scheme of things this match didn't really make any difference as I would have finished in same place and I doubt that single incident would have massively altered my season.

No corners were hacked in the making of this season.

Hoping to bag Beckford a Champions League medal next season.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's a pretty damming overview of the current ME.

    Also suspect odd things are afoot although limited to Horton currently.

    ReplyDelete