Wednesday 31 March 2010

Tied up too tight

I really have to restrain myself from doing crazy things on FML and i'm rather prone to panic signings. I have been known to sell my entire team and buy a new one in the space of a few days in the past. So i'm finding this rather difficult, i'm fully committed to not buying anyone at all this season, this is my strategy. Avoid the early wage auctions which are going to be very costly, push on with what i've got, win some prize money and make my move. Above all else, do nothing stupid !!! I've been known to send my entire club into financial doom after losing a friendly game before too.

There's not a great deal going on with my GW at the moment in all honesty. I joined the Vintage FA for no particular reason and as it goes it seems all of the "best" teams are also in this FA. I'd say something like 60-70% of the teams at the top of the rankings are in this FA meaning i'm in a qualifying group of death. Early form suggests i'm good for a top 4 finish though, then i'm shifting over to an easier looking FA. Why not ? It wasn't my idea to create duplicates of the same FAs, the Classic FA which is exactly the same structure looks far easier so I figure i'll maximise potential prize money with a crafty switch. Hate the game, not the player ? Did I just say that ? hmm. So yeah, things to do ? What's going on with the XTRA FA in your GW ? Nothing in mine, why's that then ?

A fair proportion of my qualifying group appears to be inactive, or maybe they are just on holiday ? Who knows, I figure there's about 150 or so managers on my GW not even in an FA either. So my daily routine consists of sitting online for a bit trying to ensure I win some AI rights and playing a silly number of CPU games trying to sort player fitness after someone returns from injury. It actually takes more games to get a player back to match fitness than they are injured for half the time.... I dare not risk learning the conditioning skill as it was bugged in the beta and I never saw any mention of it being fixed.

Anyway, here's my star signing so far. People said I was crazy, I forgot about the 10x signing on fee, so this guy actually cost me £120k. No one else bid. Turns out that perhaps I do know what i'm doing after all, or at the very least I know how dodgy the ME is ;)





I spent a fair amount of pre-season telling people they are going to need cover for injuries and to watch for the forums going mental. Not many took my advice it seems and the forum rage is well under way, but I think i'll do a different post about injuries later.

Anyway, best go. My DM has just come back from his 5 match injury so I need to play around 10 CPU clubs to get him fit enough to play league games.

No comments:

Post a Comment