Thursday 25 March 2010

Someone has pissed in my pool!

Okay, first off I fully support player pools and would have been happy with 16 player locked squads, but i'm here to moan so here goes.

Nothing goes well for me, ever, so I can't say I was too optimistic about what I was going to get in my starting pool. I did have some limited experience of this in beta and was pretty pleased with what I got in that pool.

However, i'm fairly certain I have been handed the worse pool on the whole bloody GW ! I've put every player through the FM10 editor and discounting the REALLY awful players, the average CA of my top 30 players or so is below 100. Of course, I got one good player and of course, he was a goalkeeper ! Who I didn't pick because he would have cost 85k.

My 'best' players are a pair of wingers with 122 and 128 CA on FM10 which isn't too bad for a starting squad. But I had no central midfielders and had to go with a couple of DMs instead, I don't have any DCs which have any ability to actually tackle, head, jump or mark and I have no strikers who able to actually do anything other than run around a bit.

I didn't even get any decent potential youths in there except one guy who is a -8 but he is blatantly never going to improve and lacks all of the key attributes for his position. I signed him anyway, my most expensive player at 30k.

Having checked my mates squads and various other teams they have pretty much all got 1-2 good players in there leaving me with the shitty end of the stick as usual.

Armed with my knowledge of how many injuries i'm likely to sustain throughout the season I thought I best sign a reasonable amount of these duffers up. I confirmed my squad early as I had a plan to build a youth academy to try and get some high potentials from a semi major nation before there were 100's of academies on the GW.

So out of interest I head off to the free agent list, there's not going to be anyone good on there surely ? After the utter dross in my pool, what are the players going to be like that others didn't want ? Well, as it turns out.... a hell of a lot better than anyone else in my squad !! So I have spent too much money buying shite from my initial pool only to find there's bloody loads of great free agents (many without bids) meaning i'm going to end up with too many players, too high wages or a squad that can't win a game.

The youth academy idea is pretty much off now because i'm going to have to spend all my money trying to improve the team instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment