Friday 26 March 2010

Good old days

Day 2 and it's back to business as usual.

I've made a stupid error - check
Panic bought far too many players - check
Corner hacks a go go - check
Pacey striker with no ability - check
I'm in debt - check
Winning games again - check

The first priority was to buy some new defenders to replace the dirt I got in my pool. Fortunately I have found a decent corner hacker who is a very sold DC for 16k and he's managed 7 goals in 7 games so far, good times! The other DC was less good because he has 9 pace but ticks all the other boxes and hoping the pace issue wont matter so much at the start.

Next priority was to find someone who can actually score. Now as per my previous posts, we all know players like Jermain Beckford, despite being utter shite, are FM legends. So I signed up some chump with 18 pace, 17 acceleration, 8 finishing and 9 composure. I know he's got something about him because he had a 30k AF and an 8k wage demand. Now here's the error, I kind of forgot I had to pay 10x wage signing on fee, 80 fucking K !!! The bank manager is on the phone asking for an explanation to this madness already. Anyway, he's scored 1 in 2 so far.

22 players in my squad now with more incoming tomorrow, no one else has bid on anyone I have gone for so far which is nice. I'll be on about -£50k tomorrow , so my plan for "keep it tight" for the first season has clearly failed!

If anyone hasn't started yet, here's my advice. Pick as few players from your pool as possible, just take the cream then head off to the free agent list and go for the bargains. I reckon if I had confirmed with 0 players and signed an entire team from the free agent list I could have signed the best team in the GW.

Silly season is on with the better looking player already going for 15-20k typical wages. Are you mental ??? Are you going to KEEP any of these players long term ? Of course not, but bid away and make yourselves poor.

Just need a cunning plan to sell all my shite players now... hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment