Saturday 27 March 2010

Day 3

Team is fixed, at a cost mind. Pretty pleased with what I have got now, everyone slots into my templates and results are going well. From the worst possible pool to top end of the rankings in a day, all is well.

What I like about FML and why I stay online quite a lot is it doesn't really require my attention. So I can play it while watching TV, playing the xbox, doing some exercise or even cleaning the house. So i've been online quite a lot since launch, feeling out my new surroundings and all that. Not many people, other than my mates, seem to have moved over from my old GW so it's pretty much all new to me.

I've said before, that there's not really that much to do any more other than your official games and i've seen a couple of genuine new players on my GW seeming a bit mythed about what they were supposed to 'do'. It doesn't really bother me, because I can keep myself occupied with something else at the same time.

But it begs the question, where are the official quick plays, where are the pre-season official friendly fun competitions ? Where are the official events ? There's so much that could be done, but it's left to the normal managers as usual but things *need* to have some kind of official endorsement to actually *mean* something.

As usual I see mods are too busy trying to impose their authority and generally making rules up. Please point me to some official announcement which says you can't post a link to a player you don't own in the MP ? Does this exist ? No, it doesn't, neither does some tenuous link to "in the spirit of the game" or some such. Some guy has bid on a free agent, he doesn't want him, no one else has bid, so he says, "hey guys, if you bid £1 more than demand on this player, he's yours!" But NO, this isn't allowed. Why ? Who does this harm ? No one. It's just a made up rule.

Do yourselves a favour and do something to make the GW fun instead.

I've said it before, but it's somewhat ironic that the beta GW is the best run and best orged GW I have ever played on yet most of the live worlds, which people are paying for, seem to be run by one armed demented monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment