Thursday 3 September 2009

Anyone out there?

Does anyone even read my random moaning ? Who knows, but I like moaning even if no one listens.

Last season I was calm - I was determined to stay this way, not become angry or annoyed ever again and thus not need to post on here again. It's not working. My monitor received several vicious right hooks the other night. Pre season was good, I acquired all my targets within the first couple of days of the wage auction and went on an intensive pre-season. I played many games and perfected my tactics to the nth degree so everything was perfect (with the new ME coming soon I might just reveal those tactics people are trying to copy some day soon ;) )

I reckon I had about 1-2 defeats in 60 odd games so I was pretty confident about the new season. Of course this was false confidence because we all should know by now the LEAGUE IS RANDOM! So I have pretty much drawn every single game so far and my team have either not turned up, have been one shot wondered, super keepered or some such bullshit. I had an hilarious game earlier where the match engine refused to allow me to remain more than 3 goals ahead and it finished 6-4 ! Crazy times.

Anyway I actually feel weary just thinking about how bad the ME is and how pointless the FA games are.

What's annoying me now is how no one seems to actually give a shit about this game. It would be a piece of piss for the orgs to, ya know, BLOODY ORGANISE something to make the game more interesting (nb - I do actually play on more than 1 GW - if your not sure if this is aimed at you, it's probably not) but it seems people are either too retarded or lazy (maybe both, a retard with ME maybe?) to actually do something.

The Super FA seems like SI/SEGA/Whoever, gave the gameworlds the chance to create whatever the hell they like to do something interesting and innovative. During my travels have I seen anyone use this to any effect ? No. Over on St John we had 2 seasons of 2x40 team leagues which involved the top 4 spanking everyone in sight every game. I pointed out how this was an idiotic structure which doesn't help lower reputation teams and suggested changing it so it was tiered. So they decide to tier it with 2 separate leagues with 60 teams in each... ??? What ?? I obviously pointed out how this was even worse than before and I was informed this wasn't actually the final structure - then why the hell announce it ?

Anyway it gets changed after my moaning to 2x30 team leagues, or as they like to call them... "tiers" Not only this, after the initial league, half the league goes into a knockout to decide the winner. Honestly, who comes up with these ideas ? I think orgs should be required to take some kind of IQ test before being appointed. If they score a higher IQ than a glass of water they would be allowed to move onto the literacy test.

I decided to complain to who I thought was the lead mod about these issues, but apparently it's nothing to do with him either. So can someone please tell me who the hell the responsibility lies with ? Is there anyone out there capable of organising some kind of half decent competition for me to play in ?

I want daily/nightly/weekend Super FA quickplays and the like, to encourage people to PLAY matches against each other, live, on FM, like, FMLIVE! Hey... that could make a great game, oh, wait. I want competition structures where the best team wins rather than a league which then goes to a knockout... A knockout ? I'd like to knock out these idiots.

I think I've seen my point proved about how everything on FML is so reactive and nothing is proactive too. I've been moaning about the XEFA playtimes for 5 months now and we had a vote about this which was instigated by a mod. The motion was passed to make the XEFA start earlier, good times. Or not, because nothing was done about it. 5 months later I had left the FA, along with many other members due to the poor play times. Seemingly due to an another incident where I was complaining there was no early evening xtreme FA, the play times get changed! Now half the FA has left and it has loads of Canadians in and the play times are totally inappropriate for it's current members!

Honestly... Everywhere I look i'm surrounded by idiots. I've been involved in running an online gaming community (probably a damn sight bigger and more successful than FML) before so I am aware of exactly what it takes and what is required. What it doesn't require, is appointing people to organise things who have no clue about the game, what people want and who only got the position by being an arse kissing toss pot.

6 comments:

  1. Yes i read it :)
    More so now that your linked to the Gameworldone.com Blogosphere.

    Of course i love to read your SI forum moans as well, not because i agree with you - beause i usually don't, your one of those misguided people who believe in some mystical power behind the ME or FA matches, rather than accept your tactics are dodgy - will be interesting to read your moans post the 1.3 ME - which i suspect will show up even more flaws in your tactics and give you even bigger headaches :p

    That said - You do also bring up many relevant points - as you have here !
    As someone posted in the forums today (might be yesterday for you) Many of the problems with the game are not SI related - it's the people in the game worlds, whether that's those organising stuff (or failing to do so) or the expectations of those playing.

    My gameworld we are down to 4 FA's - or running well, after many seasons of mergers i think we have a great balance now, offering a great range to people no matter how Xtreme or casual, but it took time - And people prepared to try things, to mix things up a little, to have some vision and patience. (I think you visited us shortly through some of this period, shame you didn't stay :))

    Your quite right, the Super FA's were added to give people the TOOLS to create whatever was wanted/needed to get more games happening in the worlds. We have a 10 tiered World League (16 teams in each), we are about to start a "National Sides" comp - not the pissy trial based thing some worlds try but a competition for those with the balls to actually sign on a full squad of players from a set nation (only 16 in it for now, but that's a good start). Quick Play comps ? We've been running them in FA's since season 3 - and are happy to run them in the Super FA - but like many things, if it relies on a very few to actually get things moving, then there will be times when it doesn't happen - and sadly the multitude will sit around saying "i'm bored" rather than get off their arse and do something about it.

    "I decided to comaplain to who I thought was the lead mod about these issues, but apparently it's nothing to do with him either. So can someone please tell me who the fuck the responsibility lies with ? "
    The responsibility lies with the people in the game world - no one else !
    Although SI/Sega (RT) like to be informed of any new stuff that might be run, that's mainly to look at running it elsewhere - If enough people in the game world want something, then why not ! (Yet to hear of a request to run a sensible, popular comp knocked back !)

    Moaning is good - when balanced with some constructivity - Keep it up !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite enjoyed my brief time in your GW but at that time I didn't really have the time to play two teams at once as most of my time was committed to the main account over in St John.

    My main GW is a strange place. It's really good, pretty active and some really good people on there. But we are not allowed to discuss anything or suggest anything. Earlier on today we got told to STOP trying to help someone who had connection issues - I know a bit about this and could maybe have helped the guy, but helping people in the HELP channel isn't allowed on our GW either apparantly.

    My dodgy tactics hold the GW record for games unbeaten (held by myself - 90 games, this is a genuine record including games against top teams - ended by a 2-legged cup tie!!!!!!!!!!!!)and most games won in a row (48 - by the person who co-developed the refinements of the tactic, who also holds the record for most games scored in a row at 78) so i think it has something about it ;) And it's not remotely copied from those poor 460s you see over on the SI tactic forum either.

    It's also funny how it works in all games except FA games. It's not as though I'm the only person who notices FA match based issues either! I could go on for hours but i've done it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your blog is immense T-Bag, I don't agree with everything but it sure is an interesting read!

    With regards to match engine and FA games I can't complain about results but the manor of some results it a bit off.

    It's not perfect but overall with the database the best out there by a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny - you say that you say a lot about what you think... I've seen maybe one or two comments come through 'proper channels' from you over all this time. If you've an idea that should be considered, send a mail to the mod mail - and bump it if you don't feel you get an adequate response. We're all busy guys with full time jobs and families that frankly are more important - things can easily get overlooked as other more pressing issues take priority.

    The whole XEFA farce was a classic case - you went trying to usurp control of dead FAs instead of approaching me to see if I was even aware of the issue (which I wasn't, or if I was it was barely).

    We actively encourage discussion and contributions from constructive members - the vast number of FA orgs and Helpers we have proves that. But if you don't do it through proper channels and chase it up it won't get seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "We're all busy guys with full time jobs and families that frankly are more important - things can easily get overlooked as other more pressing issues take priority."

    Maybe then the mods and orgs should be people who actually DO have time to do it properly ? I've sent various mails to mod list in past that have been totally ignored or not responded to too, so what's the point. I'm still owed my goal of the week money from about 2 months ago btw.

    The XEFA issued was discussed with various mods and orgs yet nothing was done, why should it be down to me chase things up constantly.

    The Super FA structure is a joke, again, despite discussions with the organiser - from various people, not just me, suggesting ideas. After speaking to the org am I then supposed to mail someone about it ? Last time I did you told me it was nothing to do with you.

    The season has once again descended into dull mediocrity with barely even a week gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just checked the mod mailing list - we've only ever received two mails from you.

    ReplyDelete