Wednesday 16 September 2009

Well done

Over on St John this season, all new users were pretty much forced into joining the NUFA. Now I suggested this wasn't an especially great idea because it is essentially a wasted season and the lower leagues are pretty much all AI anyway.

Now mark this day in your calendar because i'll admit I was wrong. I'm declaring this strategy a success and suggesting every GW should adopt this immediately. Looking over the three NUFA divisions we have they all have a pretty damn respectable AI % which is better than some of the main FAs. Obviously they are getting to play teams of their own level and there doesn't seem to be many deactivated teams suggesting that at least some of our trials have taken out a subscription.

The number of managers online has been at a record high throughout the entire season and the transfer market has been great too. I don't know who came up with this idea, but well done, you have my seal of approval. Bearing mind I hate everything, ever, this is very high praise indeed.

Anyway I do have something to rage about. I am currently in "Tier 1" of the Super FA and have a most enjoyable season. I've been fighting hard against the random FA results and pushing on hard to win this at all costs. As 1.3 is going to destroy my club, this is the season I must win everything possible while I still have the chance! My best squad has been deployed in every game to maximise chances of winning every game and my fringe players have been left green booted on the bench. Alas the league has drawn to a close and I unfortunately missed out on first spot by a measly single point but finishing and impressive 8 points clear of 3rd position. I think it was a fair reflection of the league and was happy to concede to the better team in this instance.

Then I remembered an earlier rage post... the league section is completely pointless because the top 8 go into a knockout to decide the winner!?? What the hell ? I've been drawn against 7th position in the league, who also happens to be my current nemesis team. So i'm probably going to go out of the competition now despite playing a 29 game league campaign, it's going to be ended by a random knockout competition which has no relation to the LEAGUE we just played.

Super FA still = Super shit !

5 comments:

  1. NUFA works awsome to filter new users! That should be adopted by all GWs !!!

    Thx Ritchie Cole and Bruno Perez for that !

    ReplyDelete
  2. We mods graciously accept your praise for the NUFA stuff.

    We tried this in season 1 (of the existence of trial), then allowed them to go where they wanted in season 2. Clearly getting them all in NUFA was better.

    We had some really good new folk sign up, and plenty of new guys too, which helped make NUFA a big success. Hopefully they'll be on a good footing now to go out into the wider StJohn world. Next season, all the new new guys will be going NUFA's way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say though - Ritchie especially did a great job of establishing NUFA and getting all the new guys integrating and chatting. I forget whose idea appointing him to that was - Craig? Jay? Ben? I forget. Anyway, it was very quickly agreed by us all, and has been a roaring success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep whoever came up with NUFA idea deserves a medal :)

    Nice to see the Rage is back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention Lee.

    Essentially the idea has worked on two fronts.

    a) New users get a far better chance at enjoying FML, Because they play amongst managers of a similar level.

    b) 'Real' FA's are now much clearer of AI in the lower divisions. And the NUFA is filtering the whole GW AI wise - this means 'real FA's' are not loaded up with immediate 100% AI managers.

    It's still early days, I would like to see what difference it makes 2/3 seasons down the line.

    A lot of the praise must go toward Bruno for this. Even though this was an idea I had in my head for several months - Bruno's determination and input were a major factor in making this work.

    Also the mod team/org teams and (the most satisfying of all) your everyday FML manager have all got behind this 100% and for that I thank you ;)

    Ritchie

    ReplyDelete