Monday 14 September 2009

Pat Sharp has the rage



As the tumble weed blows through the gameworlds and the carcases of AI teams lay dead by the road I decided to attempt to create a friendly competition with some prize money to play some games. *shock horror* No one will join competitions normally because they know a few of the top teams will take their money - Sensible chaps on my gameworld. So what can I do to give something back to the little guy ?

In true Robin Hood style I decided to let the lower finishing teams take away more prize money than the winners of the competition (i.e. me) To cover all the bases mid table also won more than then top two teams and some other random finishing positions took even prize money too, all in all there was a pretty good chance that most teams would make a a bit of cash except me, but i'd get some games. I called my latest masterpiece "Whole Lotto Fun!" prizes to be won, whoaaa fun house... Where's the twins ??

But apparently this kind of competition is not allowed, because 9 seasons into the game, teams are apparently going to attempt to lose every game to win £12k ? Riiiiiight, ok! As moderators are seemingly not allowed to moderate the game, I had a visit tonight from "Support Moderator" who told me I wasn't allowed to allocate prize money to teams finishing bottom of the league.

I've deleted the competition now and created a new one instead. I've entitled my new competition "Fool on the Hill" - Winner takes all. Oddly enough, no one will join this one.

Day after day,
Alone on a hill,
The man with the foolish grin is keeping perfectly still
But nobody wants to know him,
They can see that he's just a fool,
And he never gives an answer,
(HINT - I'm not the fool)

It's a sad state of affairs when this is the most entertaining thing which has happened all week.

In another shock turn of events, tonight, I bought... A REGEN!!! It cost me £1.1m for a 2.5* potential (yes, the regen database quality is that bad) I broke my policy of database only... Results have rapidly gone down the pan.

2 comments:

  1. Daniel Asencio, the 4.5* DL regen I bought for £600k, says hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. And there is a great example of inflated youth prices and poor youth development.

    First off, Anthony sold him because, well he was a liability. We discussed this player before the sale and I told him to accept £400k! You unfortunately paid 2x MV for him.

    You could have signed a better senior DL for £1 on a cheap wage. Or you could have signed a better youth DL for a few £k who had better key attributes to play the FB position. I've done both, my senior DL was £1 and my younger DL was £5k. They both have better key attributes than Asecnio who unfortunately falls short in the acceleration department and is prone to make mistakes.

    Also fullbacks is one of the positions where regens do develop very well indeed and there are many players you can pick up in this posistion.

    Your example fails on pretty much every level. You overpaid what he was worth, what the manager was willing to accept and he's cack.

    ReplyDelete