Thursday 24 September 2009

The parting of the red sea.

First off, some people may have noticed I deleted my preview of 1.3. While everything posted was accurate and true I decided it was a little unfair once the announcement to delay 1.3 had been made and I had a dev emailing me about my issues with it!

In summary though as it stands today, the new ME is very poor (the new build apparently fixes some of the problems, which I wont go in to - but unless you want to see your GK throwing the ball into his own net every other game, you don't want to play it as it !)

Wage demands for older players are NOT going down at all. You probably wont really have to pay much more than you do now but your not suddenly going to get old players cheap - none of my old men want a lower wage at all. Despite this they have had huge declines in most areas with some losing 1+ in various attributes in less than 7 days - this is with coaching 5 offsetting the decline.

One of the reasons for the 1.3 delay has been cited as "player progression" so i'm not sure if this refers to player regression or the fact most regens are complete arse or not.

Either way it's lose lose for me now. From what I saw on the beta server of my world, it was clear that much of my team had to go. So I have had to sell them for virtually nothing and replace them with shite regens. So if they suddenly decide to do something about regression then i've sold my ace team for no reason at all and no profit. It's not even worth me TRYING to sell some of them... it's like, what's worth more to me? £1 or their 4* rep ?

My favourite memory of FML is of club legend of Franco Brienza being my best player until the age of 36 and him generally destroying most teams single handed. He was my team, he was my captain, penalty taker, free kick taker, corner taker, top scorer, top assists, top appearances, top average, top MOTM, from MC, for about 7 seasons running... why take things like this away! A true legend who finally hung up his boots, after some serious regression I might add, at the age of 36 - I don't find this too unrealistic. Franco now lives on in a WOW char I created ;)

Now I have to put up with players like Bobby Badshot who are shite until they age of 26, average for 3 season, then need to claim disability living allowance by the time they celebrate their 30th birthday. I wouldn't mind the regression issue if there was more than a handful of good regens that were available for less than £5m.

I'm still being punished by my 'rage sale' about 4 seasons ago when I sold my entire team for about a 10th of their true MV. FML really does punish your mistakes - I really should have had the highest financial clout in the GW by now (or top 3) but i'm still living on the bread line. I got by with some nous signing older players that no one wanted, but now even I don't want them! I just can't see any point in signing anyone over the age of 28 any more. FML has been seriously ageist in the past but I was always one of the people willing to sign the old men but now i've joined them! Wasn't 1.3 supposed to stimulate the signing of older players..? Were people really complaining about older players being too good ?

I just can't see where this game is going any more and I just cannot comprehend any of the decisions behind 1.3. I seriously can't see the benefit to ANY of these decisions ? Forget realism for gods sake! think fun, think retention! Why try and compress the database into a situation where most players will only have a few good seasons ?? I'm already bored now I have had to sell my team and buy some chumps... I makes my wince thinking what I have just paid for an average 21 year old DC.

I used to enjoy watching my players strut their stuff and execute their PPMS and all that. Now it's "oh Bobby Badshot shoots over the bar" again.

Me me me - I've heard suggestions about how people only complain when something effects them, but i'm not going to moan about something which doesn't am I ! I've had a few snide comments about how the new ME will be the end of my team and all that... think again fools.

I do want to have a massive moan about how CPU teams are an ace idea but poorly implemented but I think i'll save that for another time.

3 comments:

  1. A great read as ever Lee. The regression is severe but in 1.4 as we are now still the teams winning things are the oldies.

    Ok you won't see a player go on till he's 36 but over 28! Depends on the price but from what I've seen 33 is still very much on. I'm keeping two in Miller for 33 anyway.

    Sorry to hear about the StJohn prices Shearer is busy but you can get some decent players if you shop around / wage auctions.

    I think SI will listen to your point of view you have to give them credit for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will listen to his view then 20 fanbois will jump all over it and say its rubbish then SI will believe these 20 and all the GW's will have to consolodate into 1 with only these 20 managers in it and it can be considered a success. How many managers are we going to lose when these initial 12 month beta discount subs expire? its going to be carnage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are these 20 fanbois?

    I hope you're not inferring it's me cos you need to check your facts.

    I think T-Bag has raised some issues with youth player progression that I've seen in Beta as well.

    Older players going on until their 37 I don't see the merit in that.

    Most players having a limited use of just a few seasons, for a top team, I don't think that's unrealistic.

    I often used M'Villa as a typical high potential youth, aged 26-32 he's world famous makes a major impact, aged 21-23 he wouldn't get in a top ranked team, 24-25 he's an ok sub.

    If your in the Championship or lower premiership he's well useful from 22 onwards.

    ReplyDelete