Wednesday 16 June 2010

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

Everyone seems pretty queit in the blogosphere of late, gameworldone seems dead and even the forums seem fairly placid of late (other than the utterly ridiculous complaining about orange arrows thread)

I'm not really sure if this is a good thing or not ? As Thom on Los Elephants has posted before, FML seems to be very much bandwagon jumping with everyone unhappy with the same issues at the same time, except we haven't had a wagon of late. It does seem very much a mood game where sections of the community seem to be feeling the same about things at the time like me and Jak seem to have become fed up at the same time.

Anyway, i've had a fairly good season I guess, but i'm gutted, I honestly am. I won the first 2 runs of the EFA and in the second instance I beat off the team with 400k or so wages sporting the likes of Lukaku and co. Third run I was well on course to do it again, easily clear at the top of the table and he had half his team injured.

I just needed to win the last few games then boom, hammered by a poor team, boom half my team injured. So it comes down to the last game, against 2nd place. I'm 2 points clear and all I need is a draw to take my 3rd league title in a row.

67% possession or so in the first 20 minutes, a dozen or so shots for me. Alas, he's had 3 shots, i'm 3-0 down and a 16 year old sub with a broken foot has scored a hatrick (i'm not joking) The game ends with a club record defeat of 5-0 even though he only had about 7 shots all game. I'm shocked and embarrassed by this, I really am... there was literally nothing I could do. So I finished 1st, 1st and 2nd, by a single measly point :(

I've been moaning about being broke for the last 3 months, but as I suspected I managed to pull some funds together as the season ended. I'm now classed as a rich club with around £5m cash or so and a couple more players I want to sell yet. Alas this came at the expense of selling much of my youth team but I'm struggling to see anyone with any value in wage auctions or transfer auctions though so i'm not sure if i'm going to end up getting many new players. Need some movement before the tax man comes in to steal my profits.

Funny thing is, my £1 DC with 16k AF is still easily cutting it at the top level! But who knows what the new ME will bring?

Finally punted up a new stand but it's going to be essentially next season before that is finished.

I'm going to be on holiday for a week or so just as the season starts next week (Gastonbury!) so I think I will have to leave the EFA because I will no doubt come back to find my AI has lost every game and I could be stuck in bad form indefinitely.

Nowt much else happening i'm afraid.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy glasto, went last year for first time and it was one of the best experiences of my life. There's so much more than the music, make sure to check out the alleys in shangri-la late on at night, you won't regret it!

    Sitting in a boat at 7am with random strangers, one lame leg from walking/dancing round all night and turning round and seeing Keith Allen walk past was just one of the random memories I have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aye i've been a couple of times, so much bizarre random unexplainable stuff happens (much like the ME eh ;) ) love it !

    ReplyDelete