Saturday 19 June 2010

Eat The Rich

Wages are pretty crazy these days eh ? I have probably bid on around 35 players so far in wage auctions and won about 4 of them, having been around 75% under the final wage in some. Terribly average youth players going for 16k wages and the like, crazy stuff. Or is it ?

Partially because I was drunk, and probably more likely related to the fact i'm slightly mad I decided to join the party. I bid 22k wages on an 18 year old with an AF of 18k, who I suspect is probably around 3* potential. However, he has awesome physicals (probably nearly peaked) 18 jumping and a senior average of 7.49. So as long as the ME update doesn't screw me over I know he can slot into the first team no problems. Cost wise, 22*28 - £616k + AF = £634k for the season. Is it that daft now ? I suspect he would easily sell for that in a private transfer.

With that in mind it seems entirely sensible to be paying crazy wages in off season auctions when players cost so much on the open market. Alas, i'm still not being quite crazy enough it seems. I've bid £50k, 60k, more on 30 year old defenders and lost out, I simply can't get any bloody players in ! For the first time ever i'm classed as a rich club but I just cannot buy anyone, because being classed as "rich" by the game, in the current climate, means you can afford one average player.

So i've changed tactic and started randomly bidding on players I don't want and have no intention of keeping so I can sell them once tax has gone. £22k AF players have MV of £500k + ! I smell some profit here.

Plus I need to move out of the EFA for a season as i'm going to be offline for a week, so I may as well try and bring some of my younger players through. I should have enough for a top half finish in the premiership still, and for the first time ever i'm not actually playing to win the thing ! Although, depending what the ME update does, it's still possible I can manage it.

I'm still projected a fair whack of profit tax, so for the first time ever I might actually plan for the future and punt some more cash into the stadium. I'll no doubt spunk it all on some player 10 minutes before the season starts like.

Most of my players have orange arrows of death though !! Take Sir Lavezzi, my goal a game striker, he's lost 0.12 dribbling, or 0.75% of his dribbling ability. OH WHAT AM I TO DO, HE'S GOING TO BE SHIT NOW! Get a grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment