Thursday 3 June 2010

Jaded

Hope the 20 or so people who viewed my 3D preview video enjoyed it before I noticed I wasn't allowed to blog about it! I broke something trying to make this shitty template a bit better shortly afterwards and have only just got round to fixing it.


*warning* strange ramble incoming.


Anyway in FM terms, i'm 'jaded and in need of a rest' at the moment. After winning run #1 of the EFA qualifying only losing 2 games and drawing 2 I was feeling pretty pleased with myself. Then we had a couple of days waiting for the league to reset and out of nowhere I nearly quit, I just suddenly didn't want to play the game any more.

I decided to push on and I picked my first game at home to a team I had beat 5-0 just two days prior. Of course, I lost. I lost a couple of cup games and the last few games in qualifying #1 didn't end in spectacular fashion I appear to be in a fairly dead qualifying league this time round and despite only playing 1 game i'm pretty certain i'm going to be in horrific form now. Funny thing is the team I duked it out with last time round has also played 3 and lost all 3 !

I'm just waiting for AI already but there's no easy looking games coming up so this could suddenly turn into a mid table finish.

I think it actually takes a massive amount of effort to actually do well on the game. I had to ensure that not a single game went to AI otherwise I would lose, I went to painstaking to make sure no one could play my AI and rigidly stuck to my plans and instructions. Even when doing this I know that something totally out of my control like bad form could instantly destroy the days of work I have put in.

I think it just got to the point where I thought, what the hell am I doing. I'm not sure the reward is worth the effort. I was sitting in some important meeting at work the other day and I was far more occupied with whether I should put one of my youths in at right back than what was going on.

You only sing when your winning as the song goes, but it's true. If I don't put the effort in then I wont win, and then I wont want to play then either! As you are probably aware by now, I really don't take losing especially well. Plus with all the bollocks I spout here and there I kind of feel pressured do actually do well to somehow validate the stuff i'm moaning about.

The other thing which is getting me down a bit is the way people are making so much money from transfers. Pato (100k wage) and Aguero (135k wage) signed for the same team who has a wage bill totalling £281k and just after Aguero signed he was still considered rich. I don't have anything against the managers but I just simply don't understand how certain managers are getting such excessive fees, consistently, for poor players. To be fair, this guy is still losing because he's playing 442 ;)

I'm just not really seeing how I can put together a great team, even with attaining max reputation so far in all qualifiers because i'm so far behind certain teams financially. Then again, i've never had what you can call a 'great' team in most people's eyes. hmpf

6 comments:

  1. 1) Have you considered joining another FA that doesn't have so many matches? I'm in the TFA right now and think it is the right pace for me - if you get bored you can always supplement with friendly tournaments where you don't really have to care if it goes to AI!

    2) How could somebody have Pato and Aguero and still lose, regardless of formation?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah but I get bored there's not enough games in the other FAs :p The XFA is still pretty garbage on my GW, so much so i've withdrawn from all senior competitions (home playing rights nooo, home playing rights in cups, nooooooooooooooooo) and normal friendly competitions don't float my boat because form is so random.

    I've already moved to EFA after being bored senseless in the first season in the Vintage FA!

    No pleasing me is there :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you could create a T-Bag FA, what would it look like?

    I'm quite certain I would prefer the OFA set-up played three runs, much like the EFA (like the HFA for one season in Miller).

    But then again, I don't really mind playing the AI as long as the team belongs to an active manager.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have removed FAs from the game ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. T-Bag would be the Notre Dame of FML :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. It actually got as far as a proper proposal pre-reset, alas it never happened!

    ReplyDelete