Sunday 30 May 2010

Well Well Well

It wasn't very long ago that I was saying on here that I thought we needed our own ME separate to FM10 because it was the same engine but a different car. Well, with the latest ME updates to FML we have now officially diverged from FM10 and have our own version!

Some of the changes which stand out to me are:

- Adjusted way that expected result is calculated for FML matches, due to slightly different reputation scales

Really ? none of us have ever noticed how difficult it is to beat lower reputation teams, never come in the past ;)

- Reduced effect of headers won/lost on player match ratings

Uh-oh, I think I need a new DC

- Try to make full backs take more responsibility for strikers when playing against narrow 433 formations


Uh-oh, I think I need a new formation

- Small tweak to match ratings to reduce effect of high numbers of runs past opponents

My strike force :(

I suspect the new ME is going to create some serious problems for me, which is a shame as I have just managed to get my team playing some good football.

Today is the last day of run #1 of the EFA, it wont finish until tonight but I figure i'll do an update now as it's no doubt going to end in epic failure. I'm pretty happy with everything at the moment and shockingly i'm pissed off with absolutely nothing in or out of FML right now.



I think the only games I haven't won have been when my crazy DC has been suspended. My backup generally costs me a goal a game despite not being especially bad. I've managed to avoid leaving any games to my AI this time round my latest fad is some serious micro management of player instructions in matches changing things on the fly depending what the players are doing in the match.

I'm pretty sure i've got away form cracked - my results are EXACTLY the same home as they are away. The only person I know to be following my away tactic is also top of his league.

With just a handful of games left, what could possibly go wrong?



You may remember I was concerned about my goal return being too low last week, Mr Lavezzi has resolved this problem! In the league I have scored 60 goals in 23 games and my attack looks pretty scary.



My team philosophy and style is based on this team and i've come pretty close in some games. At least watch this past 1:19. Arrogance, belligerence and class is my team statement.



Moving on to finances...


So here we can see a problem I appear to have ! There's another 2 runs of prize money to go in there yet which should put me back in the green. I don't really have many saleable assets and a number of my players are at the age no one will buy them. To finance my last deal I turned auto extend off on every single player in my squad, so that projection is assuming I don't renew any contracts next season :D

So my only option is to keep winning. On and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment