Thursday 22 July 2010

Crazy Low Down Ways

I'm sure by now people have realised I have many crazy theories and tend to act irrationally at times ;)

So yesterday, I lost my first game and decided I was in bad form and needed to do something about this. I remembered this quite late this afternoon, so logged on and headed of to the market place. About 5 minutes later I bought the first player I was offered for a transfer record of £2m. Remember this is my first full season so that is quite a lot, bringing my total spending to about £2.5m.

I decided what I needed to fix my bad form was a new striker. So I bought a winger. He can can also play up front though. He only has 11 finishing, like that matters! But he has an higher AF than any of my other players so it should provide a nice little CA boost to my squad.

4 games later, he has scored 6 goals, 1 assist and an average of 8.57 and things are back on track. My other striker has returned from injury so my strike force should be fairly handy at this level I reckon.

So I guess we will never know if I was in bad form, but another one of my 'crazy superstitions' has seemingly worked out quite well.

Whenever people complain about results on the forum and there's some kind of official response it often mentions that the average CA of teams is similar etc. So I reckon it's always useful to try and bump up your average CA in times of crisis.

In other good news I notice i'm not actually in the lowest tier of the FA. I guess because I won the Reception FA and gained a bit of rep I got placed a bit higher. This means I'm only in the 4th tier of the EFA, which runs 3 times per season.

So it's actually possible I could get to the Premiership in my first season. I reckon i'll settle for a position in the Championship though to be on the safe side. I've spunked my emergency transfer fund pretty early but my squad is big so I can cover injuries hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. see told you :)

    would love to see a screenshot of this player...

    ReplyDelete