Friday 23 July 2010

Fire

Not much happening, had a request for a picture of my new striker so here he is:



I have had some funny old games today though. What kind of annoys me about FML is it totally refuses to let you lose in any kind of fair manner. How often have you played a game, been a bit better than the other team and won the game or vice versa? This barely ever happens, I don't think I could name more than about 1 game a season this occurs.

Lets take a game I played earlier. I'm playing an all youth team, i'm 3-0 down within about 15 minutes to the only 3 shots he has had on goal. This is annoying for two obvious reasons.

I say to myself, it doesn't matter, i'm going to win anyway. A short while later and following my own tactical advice, of course it's 3-3 now. I didn't need to do much, because you don't need to. So now we have a ridiculous comeback in play. Next thing is i'm hammering him off the field, 7 CCCS later and his GK who's on a 5.8 has suddenly become the reincarnation of Gordan Banks. This is annoying. Then he has a DC sent off. Good times a ahoy, he's offline, he's not got anyone in the middle of his defence, lets get the ball down here. Alas, this makes no difference whatsoever and he proceeds to start hammering me into the ground. This is annoying. I manage to hold on then win on penalties. But come on, why does every game have to be like this ?

I'm 3-0 up after about 20 minutes, i'm cruising, all my players are playing with confidence while the other team is looking angry, looking furious, making mistakes. But this doesn't matter, they are going to keep coming at me like a battering ram. It's 3-2 now, i'm holding on for dear life. I win, but again... come on ffs, just let me win a bloody game normally.

Every single game I have lost this season has a common theme.... yep, I conceded every single shot on target.

I'm playing in the GW Cup and I don't think i've made it past the 1st round once post reset. I'm 2-0 down after the only 2 shots he's had on goal. It's a tight match, this is okay, maybe it's not my day. But it can't just leave it at that can it ? Of course, not. I now have 3 midfielders injured. I now have a DC sent off, i'm now 3-0 down.

I just want games where one team is better than the other and wins the match...Normal games.... This actually does kind of happen a lot in foodball ya know.

Plus, what's with these injury patches ? Last season I went through a phase where I only got strikers injured having 5 out at one point. This season it's my mifield with one going off every bloody game. As soon as one comes back another two get kung fuud off the pitch.

Regardless, i'm top of the league so promotion should be on for the first EFA run.

No comments:

Post a Comment