Wednesday 21 July 2010

Retreat

So erm, I started my campaign to win the Premier League in an existing GW within 3 seasons tonight.

It's bad news. Very bad.

I lost my first game to an all youth team who are 4 ability points below mine. Of course, I completely dominated the game, got super keepered and they scored with their only shots of the game.

But this is badness of epic proportions. It was a home game, my striker went off injured, it stuck and I was done over big style.

This means one thing and one thing only. I'm in bad form. There's no way out of this other than to buy a new team. One game played, but I already know it is all over unless I make massive changes. I need to spend several million to fix this otherwise I will be stuck in bad form for the rest of the season now. I can tell from just one single game this is going to happen, FML really is that predictable, i've seen this so many times.

Losing the first game, and a home game no less, is a complete and utter fucking disaster.

Finishing work early tomorrow, so I may be able to fix this yet. I saved a couple of million in case this happened so I need to bring in some big players before I can play another game.

Bad times... bad times indeed.

1 comment: