Thursday 8 July 2010

Had Enough

Game over people. Main account is cancelled.

Completely fed up. The key to being successful at FML is to dedicate a huge amount of time to being online, doing nothing.

This season I had to move FA as I was going to be away for 5 days so obviously when I come back i've not really got AI over anyone and in the traditional FA there's only few games a day. So you log on, play those then there's no reason to stay on so you log off, which means you lose AI to rest of your games and there's no reason to log on again!

So this season i'm not going to win the league due to the fact i've lost AI to too many teams and AGAIN due to not being able to beat bottom of the league in utterly farcical games. Results versus bottom of the league have decided every single title in every single season so far.

Still i've won 4 top tier FA leagues and runners up twice and should get runners up again this season so i've done decent enough without any good players. But it's "too easy" i'm just bored. There's absolutely no skill to the game any more because of the state of the ME. There's absolutely no sign of any change or even admission of a problem with it.

It's so simple, jumping, pace, acceleration, 433, play narrow, set up set pieces, make sure you don't lose AI = win the league. I'm just bored of doing the same thing every single game because so little else works. But it actually takes a lot of time and effort to make sure you win AI to every game and to make sure you make all the correct tactical changes. It's a grind.

I was hoping for a fun busy engaging environment, but I can't actually play in the XFA due to this competition form crap. What's the point in playing in those games when my form is completely different to that of my FA form ? When I win every FA game but simply can't string two passes together in the XFA ? I'd enter every competition under the sun if I knew my team wasn't going to draw every game because I have bad minor form. Aside from this there isn't really any decent competitions to enter if you discount the quick plays ! I did mail a request a while back but never even got a response.

So i'm stuck, having to be on 6 hours a day so I can win the league, to simply play a couple of games a day. What am I doing ??

I'm not so fussed about all these youth teams doing so well. Well, I was when I was complaining about it January, only to be told the average CA of my team was only 20 points higher. I believe I said I could accept no possible explanation for losing to a team of 16 year olds.

To be honest there's not a lot wrong with the game now, it just discourages you from playing games due to the form crap and there's nothing else to do instead, no decent PvE or anything and most of my friends have already given up.

But do you know what the final straw has been ? The way they have fucked up the forums.... It just demonstrates the amazing ability SI have to take something which is good and mess it up.

I've still got the second sub I took out last week, so i'm going to carry on with that casually for now, as I reckon it might be fun bringing up a team through the lower divisions. But I suspect I will suffer the problems outlined above as in not being on enough to win AI.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to see you go T-Bag. I'm sort of on the same path. In my view the game needs to ramp up the "fun factor".

    For now I'll keep my account open. I'm not too bothered about winning or losing, and the 5 quid a month isn't the problem. But until I really find a reason for wanting to play the game again I'll stay in the background. Both from my blog and from the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disappointed that you're leaving. Hopefully SI get their shit together and you come back some day but I'm not holding my breath.

    For me the most frustrating thing isn't the bugs or the AI matches - it's when we go to the ME thread on the forums and tell them that physical attributes are overpowered and SI just brushes it away and continues blindly on their merry way fixing GK logic bugs and tweaking defender behavior in the ME.

    Like Andreas, I'll keep going because the price is pretty reasonable and I still have fun developing my academy products and having a chat with people - but playing matches is just an exercise in frustration for me now.

    ReplyDelete