Wednesday 14 July 2010

Low and Behold

So my first half season has finished in Turk.



Pretty much business as usual then ! I couldn't face playing my last couple of games after the shit storm the ME was throwing at me. I think I literally had 2 strikers injured every single game for my last 8 matches in a row. Less said about the game where I had 8 CCCS the better. I had about 5 strikers out at one point along with half of my midfield ! Funny thing was I had no injuries all season prior to this and have pretty much blitzed physio 3. With the season drawing to a close, I couldn't see any point bringing in fresh faces so started games with 2 players on the bench.

It's quite comical with poorer players, the games don't actually look any different to when you are playing in a top tier. The only difference is you have about a million more chances, and miss them all.

I'd picked up a 32 year old striker who was pretty hot in my initial squad. He was my money man and banged in 30 goals in 34 games for me, bringing the title home. Alas, he was dying badly and his physicals were taking a turn for the worse.

Rather inconveniently, due to my striker crisis, but also fortuitously, someone took up the £1m auto accept I had set on him. Rule 1 of FML - No matter how stupid you are, there is always someone even more stupid ;) So he won me the title and brought me in about £800k pure profit, not including prize money.

This leaves me with a rather healthy looking £3.4m projected to spend in wage auctions to build a squad to win the lower tiers. The aim is still to win a top tier title within 3 seasons. Obviously the last couple of weeks don't count, so it's 3 seasons from the start of next. I reckon the EFA offers my best chance of progression at this stage, so i'm going to head off there and battle my way up the leagues.

I'm tempted not to bother learning any more skills as I don't think there's much point, i've already got pretty much all I need.

The only problem is i've actually found a girl who is even more insane than me, so i'm going to be busy most of the weekend while wage auctions are on so squad building could be problematic.

As for T-Bag Town, not even logged in to see where I finished, I suspect my AI didn't do me proud as I didn't set the match plans to activate.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing as you have finished with t-bag town and i need a striker bad could you log in and take lavezzi's auto extend off. That would be very much appreciated. Sad to see you go though mate but i'm sure you will be back on one day

    ReplyDelete