Thursday 13 May 2010

Back In Black

I'm not really having a good week.

First off, i'm currently on jury service which is actually a strangely similar experience to playing FML. Basically you sit around doing literally nothing all day, in a room with some other people who are also doing nothing where there's a couple of annoying people who chat bollocks most of the time, but other than that there's not much going on. So you just sit there, just waiting for something to actually happen, then it gets to lunch time and you you wait to see if you might get sent home. Then you come back the next day and do the same again hoping today will be the day something will happen.

The problem is, you can't actually ever leave this room just in case you get called onto a jury (challenged to a match) and in the event you do actually leave the room and go outside (log off) you can almost guarantee something will happen. Then when you finally get into the action, you find it's some long ridiculous drawn out process and something which should have been finished in a morning has lasted 3 fucking days (and I don't get tomorrow off now damnit!)

To compound my woe, I appear to have food poisoning, so between spending my time in court and the toilet, I haven't had much time for FML the last two days.

The 3rd run of the EFA started 2 days ago at 19.15. So I log on today after a few days off and see i've got 8 AI games or so due to land tonight. Now I know that I wont have AI in any of these because i've not been on. So I start throwing out challenges and of course most people just IGNORE them as usual (fuck sake, just DECLINE IT) I challenged one guy around 4 times today, left the challenge in for 15 minutes or so, AI due tonight. He ignores it and sure enough, he wins the AI rights because I didn't challenge him within the correct window of opportunity or rubbish. Has he challenged me ? No, he's made a deliberate effort to actually not play me.

*update - log on this morning and i've lost every single AI game. A whole fucking months worth of work is going to be effectively ruined because of this joke of an AI rights system. I'll almost certainly be in bad form now, i'd never ever let the team lose more than 2 in a row, i'd imagine i'm gonna end up near bottom of league now. And as per usual AI games i've got a load of fucking injuries. very very very very angry*

Now I missed the first 2 days of the last run also and despite being online after this quite a lot, I essentially lost AI to 90% of my games which is what I expect to happen again this time.

The league games I got in have started well enough though, still undefeated and got a nice 5-0 victory. I'm pulling out of all friendly competitions now and going casual now for reasons i'll no doubt rant about another time (basically, the XFA is shit, and we don't need more quickplays etc) but the main reason is because of this stupid major/minor form you have. True enough, after my 5-0 win I roll up at rank 400th, won 2 games in the last 20 or so and he pastes me off the pitch and he's 2-0 up within 5 minutes.

Anyway i'm back in credit for the first time since the GW launched! Sold some of my youth players on, only modest profits really but it's put me back in the black. Players are still too expensive and I feel like i'm getting left behind. No doubt by the time Messi and the like come up people will still have loads more money from selling on youth players for silly sums.

I tried selling a 28 year old MC, average of 7.50+ last season, 7.07 this season, playing great, MV £850k for £500k yet no one would even bid. Decided just to keep him until he's old and i'll release him, worth more to me than a tiny sum of cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment