Saturday 8 May 2010

Keep Pushin' On

One of my post reset rules was that I must wait 24 hours before any rage related sales or crazy antics. This makes quitting harder work than it used to be.

I've decided to just keep pressing on for now and see how things go and just try not to get too stressed. It's not as though i'm doing bad or anything, pretty much been top 30 rankings for a long while. Predicted Points actually has me top of the league at the moment and i've only lost 4 games so far this run. But those 4 games that I lost were epic bullshit and some of the draws too. I can think of one game all season where I have lost in a normal way to a team which played better than me.

Anyway I came up with this conspiracy several months back and I still think it might be true - They have made the ME enormously random on purpose. It's been changed without us knowing to stop teams winning too much. It makes perfect sense and it's complete genius.

Teams like me log on every day trying to find that perfect formula to create an all conquering winning team, we win 20 games in a row then BANG can't win for shit. Get mad, come back later and BOOM winning everything again. So you THINK your so close to getting it right, you keep messing, tweaking, changing, trying to get it to work..... except it's not possible.

It was actually exactly a year ago that I set my old GW record for games undefeated - standing at an impressive 90 games (ended only by a broken 2 legged cup game) this was a totally geniune record of league games and matches against the top teams. The current record on my GW today stands at 36. So while we carry on trying and failing to find the perfect formula the smaller teams get their kicks by randomly pasting good teams every so often so even they think they are doing something right.

I've also got a pretty good youth team, pretty much all high potentials on low wages which I picked up from the free list so I could perhaps make a bit of cash on those in a while or some should be good enough to make first team football.

I'm going to try not buying any players (not got anyone all season, still playing with guff) and perhaps try and ninja Messi or someone.

Speaking of form the beta team are having an interesting time of it of late. I restarted a couple of seasons back and picked a team of youngish, decentish potential players and i've done barely anything with them buying only about 3 players.

First 2 runs in the Championship I finished mid table before BOOM promoted after a good run of form in run 3. Came out all guns blazing in the Premiership and finished 6th in the first run (again, not bought or sold any players) next run i'm 10th. The third run is finishing up right now and i'm bottom of the league, getting an absolute hammering conceding 21 goals and scoring 1 in my last 7 games including an 8-1 defeat. I can almost guarantee i'll be relegated again from the Championship next season as i'm not going to buy anyone and my form is wrecked.

1 comment:

  1. I might not agree with the stuff you say about trying to stop the top teams on purpose. But you got a valid point regarding winning streaks. As it stands now, from my three GWs, the highest amount of games without loosing in Voller is 52 matches, Sanchez is 36 matches and Vald is 39 matches.

    I know we are only into season 2 in these GWs, but I just don't think we will see the same games undefeated records as we saw in the old ME.

    I think it has more to do with the randomness of the ME than anything else, it is still extremely annoying to write things off as bad form when a better team starts loosing against weaker opponents.

    ReplyDelete