Wednesday 26 May 2010

Oops!... I did it again

There has been a distinct lack of rage of late, I think the warm weather has made me slightly more placid than usual. My focus has been directed elsewhere this week but I wont go into the story about the lawnmower and the chisel, alas I don't think it's fixable now.

Round #3 of qualifying has started pretty well and my friendly form has been top notch. I really have the team working as I want and I won my first 4 games of the season comfortably, so much so I managed to not even concede a goal. I decided to set myself a realistic target of winning the league without conceding a goal all season at this point, alas I gave up on this idea shortly afterwards.

Anyway, things are going well ? The team is pretty much unbeatable except when i'm super keepered. But as usual i'm not happy, Loic Remy, my record signing at £2.8m was not providing the contribution I was hoping for. Sure, i'm averaging 2-3 goals a game in qualifying, but his performance is not acceptable for my team! I've pretty much had it in for him since he played his first game for me I think.

Logged on today and find someone trying to sell Lavezzi for £1.5m when his MV is £1.9m with a rather steep wage of £65k. I decide he is my man, he will fix my team, this is what I need to sort things out!

Problem was I was projected £-365k at this point. 30 minutes later I managed to pull £3.4m out of my ass which somehow allowed me to bid for the player in instalments. I say somehow, because when I tried to amend the bid it actually vetoed my original offer, so not sure what was going on there.

45 minutes or so of negotiating and a new striker is with me ! The bank manager is looking for me again as i'm now projected -£573k and my wages at £140k. Needless to say, anything but winning the league this season will be a complete and utter disaster.

The 5th match had me worried when I was 2-0 down, but fortunately my team appear to listen to me these days and we won 3-2.

P5 W5 D0 L0 F14 A2

What could go wrong !

No comments:

Post a Comment