Thursday 27 May 2010

Supersonic

I've been thinking, shocking I know. Looking at the wages that good players are going for these days, it's going to be literally impossible to create a super team of world class players.

Now I know pre reset we had some teams that were probably a little too strong, purely because there was so little competition for players they could sign whoever they liked at a reasonable price.

But i'm just not seeing how it's going to be possible to create a good team now. A decent striker like Bojan already commands a £5m transfer fee, a player like Pato commands a £100k wage. These are not isolated incidents, these are now MV wages/transfer fees for these kind of players and they are bound to increase over at least the next season or so.

So say I want to sign a few top class players, exactly how much money is that going to cost me ? Well for a start they are going to be on £100k+ a day each, or £2.8m a season! That's not even including any signing on or transfer fees I would need to pay either.

I don't really like this, I don't want to be striving for mediocrity, I want to be trying to create the best team that has ever graced a football pitch, but I don't think it's actually going to be possible.

I guess we are going to end up with a large number of teams which are essentially fairly even in terms in player ability and it's going to come down to who can exploit the ME the best or who gets the most luck.

It's not really helped by the fact there's too many FAs meaning more teams are able to compete for higher prize money either - there never should have been any duplicate FAs, this totally ruined the FA structure for me.

I'm thinking this is as good as it gets, i'm not sure I can significantly improve my squad without spending around £10-15m in fees/wages - so what's the point ? I may as well just plug on with what i've got and see how things go.

Anyway, I had some geniune rage tonight.



GWC, 1st round, level 3 team, all youth team, of course they scored with every shot they had on target while my players turned into massive idiots. I think it may be time to start withdrawing from all cup competitions again as it's just a complete waste of time playing them, it's just roll the dice and see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Yep. The cups are a gigantic waste of space, especially when all the shit teams get every single bounce. Crashed out of my FA Cup quarterfinals against a shit team yesterday, so I'm on a vacation from Miller until season 18 ends. So fucking fed up with the seemingly random outcomes, especially when I DESERVE success after all these failures. That's a wonderful reward for doing everything correctly, a big fat middle finger.

    ReplyDelete