Monday 3 May 2010

You Know I'm No Good

After the remainder of the auto resolves went through I ended up rather disappointing finishing 4th in the first run of the EFA. I can't see the table now but I think there was only about 5 points separating 1st from 4th. So trying to analyse what went wrong, I look at my results to see where it was lost. Was it because I lost to better teams ? Nope, was it because I had a bad run of form ? Nope, was it before I had no injury cover ? Nope. It was simply because of poor results against the worse teams in the division down at the bottom of the table. Just a couple of wins in those games I absolutely dominated where I lost to some freak event would have won me the league. Yet oddly, I beat most of the top teams without too much hassle.

But looking at my squad, I probably actually have one of the worse teams in the division. If you had said to me I would finish top 6 before the season started I would have been delighted. So I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed ? But it's just the way it happens. If I had lost games I deserved to lose, if the better teams had beat me I wouldn't be bothered. But it never goes down like that!

So now I find myself in the same situation I always seem to be in. All of my players appear to be terrible, no one wants to buy them, yet as usual i'm still doing better than most.

I accidentally sold 2 of my DCs (don't ask, I do stuff like this a lot) the other day, so my second choice DC is pretty awful. According to FM10 database he has 100CA 119PA yet he is averaging 7.05, never does anything wrong and chips in with some goals.






So check out these, badly formatted, pictures. The bottom one is the AF of my team and the others are of other teams in my qualifying. Oddly the one with the highest average finished 15th. Mine is by far the worse yet it seems to make no difference at all.

This always happens to me, I refuse to pay silly prices so I end up with no players but somehow in loads of debt. I've been banging on about this for ages, but you don't need good players, you just need the right players. The DC I mentioned earlier has 18 jumping, thus he averages and plays well. My 2nd top scorer who is a striker has an AF of 35k yet he has the pace and acceleration. My DR is averaging 7.10 yet he's actually a winger and has 8 tackling with an AF of 16k?! Again he has the key attributes, being able to tackle or mark not being either of those ;)

I've been looking for a new DC for ages without any luck but i've just picked one up this morning for £25k and i'm certain this is going to be an awesome signing and he's actually got decent potential!

People must go mad when they are playing me, looking at how much they have spent and how awful my players are yet watching my guys play like they are champions of the world. Pretty much been in top 25 of rankings most of the time too.

I've not even done anything with tactics in all honesty. I just made one in the tactics creator then turned off long shots. I only ever use about 3-4 shouts which I have mentioned previously.

So to conclude, i'm either a genius or the ME is broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment