Monday 17 May 2010

Keep the Faith

Okay, i'm going to write up my end of season review, live, as it happens. I'm just gonna type this as it goes and not edit it, so it could turn out to be really bad.

It's 10.30pm and I have 6 games left to go and the table looks like this:



Game on.

First match is at home to position #20. My main DC is suspended and my backup DC got injured after coming on as a sub in the 88th minute of the previous game to replace him.

Result 1 - Total domination, 3-1 victory and PP has me joint first place !

10:47pm
Second match is away to position 14th, my DC is back but one of my MCs is suspended now and my other one is injured. Should be able to cover this though.

Not started well, 1-0 down to an insane long shot after 1 minute.
15 minutes in and it's going worse, disallowed goal for them and i'm getting absolutely battered. As per usual with away games my team isn't bothering to play.

30 minutes in and i'm 2-0 down, he's had about 15 shots already. Go go go away form.

HT and it's a joke of a match, no way i'm going to win this. I'm getting totally destroyed by a shit DM of all things.

Ends 2-0, typical away game where my team don't bother playing at all and utterly destroyed by a poor team.

10:57 time for a home game to make sure I don't enter bad form, home to 18th should do the trick.

I'm now sitting 2nd on PP.

20 minutes in and i'm getting super keepered already but a far post corner has put me 1-0 up. The difference between the last match is astounding, suddenly my players have remembered they are footballers, they have time, they have space, they know how to pass again. The other keeper is still on an 8.0 but it's 2-0 now, just waiting for the usual comeback to happen now.

60 minutes gone, 0 shots for him, 5 cccs for me and it's 3-0, woo!

and so it ends, 3-0 victory, total domination.

11:08 - away to 17th, best striker suspended. I know i'll be shit anyway, as it's a dreaded away game. The bad news is my last 3 games are all away!

Table update:


Tight. I know i'm not going to win it as the last 3 games are away.

Back to the game... this guy appears to have Hulk in attack. I'm concerned!

Connection currently died..... need to reset router.

11:23, stupid fucking internet breaking. Seem to be back up now, why does shit like this always happen at the most annoying time possible.

8th minute and I take the lead with a penalty! get in there!

HT and it's still 1-0, i've got 2 of his players down to <50% condition, kept Hulk queit and i'm smashing him off the park. It's going to go wrong though... because it's an away game. IT'S TWO NIL!

Here we go, 56th minute, they have had their first shot of the game and it's 2-1. To compound my woe, my striker is now injured and ive had to bring a 15 year old on.

And they have had their 2nd shot of the game and it's 2-2. Sigh. Now the striker i've just brought on to replace the injured one is.... injured. FUCK OFF. I've had 5 cccs ffs. One of his players is on 36%...

THIRD FUCKING SHOT OF THE GAME AND ITS THREEE FUCKING NIL. FUCK YOU RETARDEDED ME. HES GOT EIGHT FUCKING PLAYERS.

YEAH, 6th CCCS of match and it's 3-3. GET IN THERE YOU BEAUTY!




Seriously.... your having a fucking laugh?

11:37 - away to 11th position and 1-0 up after 5 minutes. If I don't win this it's game over.

OH WHAT IS THIS, WHAT IS THIS ??? HAS HE SCORED WITH HIS FIRST FUCKING SHOT AGAIN, HAS HE ??? OF FUCKING COURSE HE HAS.

2-1, get in.

80th minutes gone, still winning... just waiting for it.

Full time, i've won!

11:46 away to 4th... bad times.

Top scorer now injured.



other manager just come online, this may complicate things.

HT and nowts happening, a couple of shots a piece. I tell a lie, he's scored with his first shot on target in 45+2.

57th minute and my equaliser is disallowed.

I never do this, but time for all out attack..

ATTACK THEN FOOLS! OH HE'S THROUGH ON GOAL BUT HAS THE FIRST TOUCH OF A 1 LEGGED DONKEY

ONE FUCKING ONE 87th minute... COME ON.

GK ignored my instructions to come up for the corner, and so it ends..



Hmmm. He's home to a poor team. My fate now rests with the gods of the ME.

Shame I lost the first 4 games of the season due to the stupid AI rights thing :S

00:22, league is lost. Second place confirmed. Bah

4 comments:

  1. Did you check you'd set your captain properly? ;)

    Hard lines on that end to the season. I wish I could even dream of a second place finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlucky T-Bag, looks like it was the amount of draws that got you in the end not the losses. That game you had v the Super Eagles just sums FML up for me I HATE games like that!

    This thing is so frustrating yet I put myself through playing it day after day, dunno why!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm.

    I probably shouldn't admit this, but I have never set a captain in FML - it's one of my superstitions.

    It started back in the original launch of FML when I happily set Sir Franco as captain and promptly won everything in site, including 90 games unbeaten over the next 4 months. Then I went to check something and noticed I actually hadn't set a captain at all !

    So from that point onwards I decided I shouldn't set one. I presumed it must work like FM and auto pick the best player for the job.

    Having read your blog, I guess not.... hmm indeed.

    I'm sceptical this is going to make much difference but I shall report back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having said that, my GK doesn't look bad captain material tbh.

    ReplyDelete