Friday 21 May 2010

Be Safe

As per usual, I seem to have gone a bit mad on the old transfers without actually buying any top class talent. £96k wage for an unlock ? No thanks! Here's my end of season transfers:


£2.8m

£316k (wage auction)

£1m

£40k

£52k

£400k

Total spending comes to an impressive £4.6m.

I'm pretty pleased with my signings, my bank manager however, appears not to be:

English manager Lee Jones's exceptional T-Bag Town have been warned by their bank to reduce their overdraft balance of £707,201 to within the current allowed limit of £100,000, to prevent their financial state from deteriorating.

Thing is, by the time I let some contracts expire (people are too silly to actually want to buy any of my ace players i'm releasing) i'll only be paying around £95k wages. This includes a full youth team and enough backup players to cover even the worst of injury crisis. I'm in the top tier of qualifying again, and if my friendly form is anything to go buy i'm likely to be challenging for the title again. So actually, i'm playing it safe!

I spent £1m on a 29 year old with 18 NF so he's going to be the nuts for at least 3 seasons. But he's only on £5k wage ! That's £140k per season folks, £1.14m. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than spending £50k+ on a younger player who actually isn't as good.

It's nice having a striker on the bench who had almost a 1 in 2 record last season! Remy, who is my biggest transfer, appears to be complete arse, but I reckon I can get my money back if he doesn't turn it on soon.

With nothing else better to do this weekend, I think I shall claim my rightful spot at the top of the rankings ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment