Friday 14 May 2010

Don't Stop Me Now

I see Jak seems to having a little moan about bad form of late:

He's got this pretty much spot on I think, the patterns are pretty much as he describes. I haven't had chance to rant about this post reset because I have made specific pain staking efforts to manage my form in such a way that I do not enter bad form. Alas, that's all gone down the pan due to me being offline for about 36 hours and losing a shit load of AI games at the start of the 3rd run of the EFA - the worse possible time it could happen. Before the third run started I was planning to post about how this is usually the point everything goes wrong.

I'm still getting results here and there but i'm definitely in what Jak describes as stage 2. Every game is a shit storm of disallowed goals, sending offs, injured players, knocks, freak events, last minute goals, super keeperings etc. Games suddenly become a combination of the worse series of events you can possibly imagine, then you go home after the game to find the opposition reserve team has fucked your sister.... and stolen the microwave, then taken a shit on your doorstep.. a massive shit.. which smells.. bad.

I think I might actually get out of this one though as I still think I might have cracked away form. It could just be coincidence, but away results while entering bad form are unusual.. we shall see.

What Jak probably isn't aware of is "stage 7" where your team enters really appalling form where it's virtually impossible to win any game against any team no matter what you or the opposition does. The only solution seems to be to sell and replace most of your team. I've experienced this twice, it's not good, believe me.

On a positive note I received a nice 4.5 star graduate from my academy today who has 16 in jumping, 16 pace and can play DR or DM. Awesomeness ! Only had 4 grads in a month from my 1.5* academy, 2x4 star, 1x3.5 star and 1x4.5 star. I've sold the others for a pittance because they didn't fit my formation or I didn't need them. I wonder why my academy isn't broken ;)

4 comments:

  1. "What Jak probably isn't aware of is "stage 7" where your team enters really appalling form where it's virtually impossible to win any game against any team no matter what you or the opposition does. The only solution seems to be to sell and replace most of your team. I've experienced this twice, it's not good, believe me."

    Exactly where I'm at in Miller. It's awesome, the way you can buy a better goalkeeper and a reserve striker and suddenly start leaking goals and be completely incapable of scoring them.

    Of course, we all know that the ME is fine and form's a myth... or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnily enough the last time it happened to me, I think coincided with me buying a strker from you, just as a backup player :s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurito? He was outstanding for me. I shouldn't have sold him, actually. His departure cost me the league title that season, though I still won the FA Cup by some bizarre quirk of fate. In fact, that just illustrates the problem: I won the FA Cup, beating several Premier League sides along the way, but finished SIXTH in the league after a complete collapse at the end of the season.

    In my current run, my Premier League side has lost heavily (4-0 or more) to sides from League Two, League Three, and one comfortable 2-0 defeat against a Conference side. Seems that's what I get for not playing 4-3-3.

    Anyway, I've made my contribution to the beta forum - which in addition to the live threads will no doubt continue to make no difference at all. C'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man form screws me non-stop, I lost 9 lague games i one night, where I was the worst team in only one, which just so happened to be the first one that started it all off. What is worse than the ability of form to screw you is the inability of you being able to play out of bad form. Simply, you lose until you log off and come back later, or sign players, or sell players.

    ReplyDelete