Saturday 24 April 2010

Holding out for a Hero

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast


Or I did, until I stumbled across a chap by the name of Joffre Guerron who had about a 1 in 3 goal ratio. He cost me £250k on a 4.5k wage, and... i've never seen anything like this guy. Well, actually I have and he was called Sergio Aguero. I've completely by accident signed a cheat player! I think he's scored about 6 hatricks in 20 games. He's only ever been injured once so i'm expecting him to get injured for the entire season in my first match ;)

Loving the new finance system, I am currently £1.1m in debt and still spending! Trouble is, I haven't really signed any stars and ended up with loads of youth players. So I decided I may as well just sign a youth team so I can keep em all fit as I can't risk loaning them out. Because i'm sure I can afford it... hmm!

Problem now is my spending kind of required me to win something to ensure financial stability going into season 3 and this is looking somewhat difficult now. Results are still strong and I think I can do it as long as I stay injury free.

Second problem is I have switched to the EFA and I know from experience it is extremely difficult to maintain your form over the 3 runs. In a normal season you are likely to hit a dip in form at some point. Now if you are in the EFA and this dip happens just as the third run starts, you could end up finishing near the bottom after being at the top end in the other runs. It's a risk, but I need more games due to nothing else to do.

Speaking of the EFA, another one of my current annoyances is the fact that once the first and second runs complete you cannot see the standings after they have been reset. So if the games resolve at say 12pm and your ORGs are on the ball then they could be reset by 8am the next day so by the time you log on you have no idea where you finished or what your AI% is !

So rather than following the normal FML mentality as per my previous post, and not doing anything yourself, I have come up with the following solution until something is coded in:
Miller AFA Results

It doesn't matter for qualifying but once the season is going proper I hope some of the live orgs decide to do something similar.

As a tip I would strongly advise calculating the AI % per season as you can see on the tables above. Otherwise it takes AGES to go through 3 seasons of results, and you can have teams 3 divisions lower/higher than where they started so it becomes a Ctrl + F nightmare. I reckon it would take at least 2 hours in a properly full FA just to work out who is above the AI. If you 'promote & relegate' teams on the spreadsheet after each run it suddenly becomes a 5 minute job.

Still nothing much else happening in my GW. We got a load of XTRA competitions set up a week or so ago finally but for reasons I can't really be bothered investigating none of them are even starting until season 2. Just when we need more games, the week the season starts.. yep!

Beta team finished 6th in first season/run in the Premiership, not bad for a 2 season old team really. Just taking it easy and building up some funds.

1 comment:

  1. I think the reason I couldn't go to EFA is the reason you state. I have a day off at the wrong time and I lose touch and if I miss the changeover day who knows where I'll be when I log in or what the challenge is.

    At least with one run a day time is a bit more flexible for me.

    Hopefully the new golf idea will give you something else a bit weird to do. See GW+, matey :)

    ReplyDelete