Sunday 11 April 2010

What's the Story ?

It's nice to see that in the post reset world that the forums have come back to life and we are seeing some interesting blog posts and new sites appearing. Over the past few months we have pretty much only had Jakswan's blog to read.

So I thought i'd do a quick round up of all the blogs that have caught my attention or had a post that I have enjoyed reading this week.

The corner debate rages ever onwards on the forum with some people claiming it has completely turned the rankings on their head while others are claiming it has not actually been fixed at all. Over at Fortuna Aeternitas , Guido has an opinion similar to one of my previous stories in We Are Catering for Idiots which has been my favourite read of the week.

Meanwhile the ever present Gameworld One has returned with a redesigned site and some interesting, albeit not exactly mainstream articles. I understand a new podcast has been apparently recorded which is something to look forward to.

If you are interested in stats or want to know how to make some minor skin/text amendments then there's some good stuff over at It's a Numbers Game which I found quite interesting. It has some useful information on jumping and the effects of pace/acceleration on average ratings which is worth reading.

Chief ME complainer during the beta , second only to myself, Guilherme Meyer's blog can be found at Huracan FC where he
gives out some of his tactical secrets and has a little moan about being robbed again ;)

Over at Refuse, Resist, Ramble Rik has wrote a nice piece about how the the roles of Moderators, Chat Helpers and Organisers fit into the (ideal) world.

Tom Delgado usually has something entertaining to say when his seemingly never ending quest for success has taken another turn for the worse. It doesn't sound like things are going much better for him so far as When FML isn't Fun describes, or take a look at his beta exploits here.

Los Elephants is worth checking out too.

I'm sure there's probably some I have forgot about as I always forget the bookmark them so let me know if there's some other good ones that are worth reading. I prefer reading the general game blogs rather than the ones solely focussed on "my team is doing.." stuff.

The best forum thread this week has been Official Quick Play Competitions where Durera has made some absolutely brilliant posts and suggestions on how competitions and XTRA FA stuff ought to be run. I really hope someone is listening to him, I PM'ed him and suggested emailing support to make sure RT had seen it - I hope he does.

Even my GW appears to have a blog! which looks like it's gonna be a winner.

Comments should be working again now, not entirely sure how I managed to break that... even reverting to the default templates wouldn't fix it ! Thanks for pointing this out go to Rik.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to Butragueno blog. Unfortunately, no one from our GW has proposed himself as a writer for the blog. Myself, i'm not a blogger at all (english-not my mother language).

    I will handle only the twitter account, for the moment. If you are interested to handle the blog to, let me know.

    Alin Vlad

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries matey. Nice roundup :)

    ReplyDelete