Wednesday 21 April 2010

Virtual Insanity

Got my squad looking fairly decent in preparation for the new season but I need a whole new defence. There's literally no good defenders anywhere though, none due to unlock, none on frees, none in transfer auctions and mine are dying.

Was listening to the FM Britain webcast thing, just chilling and then logged back into FML shortly after the downtime, at around 8.03pm.

Hmm, what's this ? Some players from the initial pools from inactives have been signed. Do we have some new managers ? Have some teams restarted already ? The mods had been telling everyone the initial pool players didn't unlock until season 3, I was fairly sure this was was incorrect but I decided it wasn't worth me getting involved again. I investigated further, they haven't restarted, hmm, they haven't private transferred them and they are not new teams ??

Holey shit..... All the initial pools players have unlocked and are available to instantly sign WITH NO TAX !! Where's my fucking list ??? Damn, lost it in last format... never mind... GO GO GO !!! Punted in a few names, signed em up.

Solved my defensive problem fairly quickly with 3 instant signings including Robert Huth. We had something like 170 teams never signed in so as you can imagine, a shed load of players got released. Not long later and I have 9 new players, i'm running out of money. Turn off auto extends !!! Close the academy !! Get me more money!! I squeezed another 2 players out.

35 players sitting in my squad, 11 new signings and no tax. I'm going to be rich ! My team is ace !

There was something like 600 transfers in an hour.

Will be interesting to see how they fix this. League games have been played, loads of teams have restarted, players sold.

It was hell of a lot of fun though :D

Oh, I nearly forgot the funniest part of the night. In the middle of this, we get a mail, my GW has decided NOW is the time to run it's first ever quiz !

1 comment:

  1. "As you may be aware, there was a problem discovered tonight with some players being made available for free transfer whose ACQ fee was under 100k.



    Any player signed instantly after 8pm will be reversed, ACQ fee refunded, and you'll then be able to bid on the player in a wage auction.



    We apologise for any problems. If you have any further questions please speak to your moderation team or discuss with customer support.



    Best wishes



    The FML Team"

    Surprise, suprise :)

    ReplyDelete