Friday 2 April 2010

I'm cancelling!!!11

Actually i'm not, i'm fairly happy at the moment. However, reading the forums it seems any minor little thing is causing people to threaten to cancel their subscription. In my opinion it's generally a blatant excuse for general ineptness.

Lets look at the common reasons:

Corners

Oh my god, someone has scored 20 goals from corners in 20 games. I'M CANCELLING!!!

T-Bag says: There's not a lot wrong with corners, have you TRIED defending them ? Pretty much every single one I have scored, my corner man hasn't even been marked by a defender ? Do you need an explanation why your 5'6 winger can't mark my 6'6 DC ? There are a few too many goals coming from corners though, so go provide some links so they can reduce it a little.

Injuries

I've had 5 players injured in 10 games, omg omg, this is ridiculous, I should always be able to play my best team at all times, I'm not going to win the league now because I have injuries. I should never need to use any subs or backup players, what is this nonsense!

T-Bag says: Go buy some more players fools. Go create a football squad rather than a team of 11 players. It's not exactly a novel concept when managing a football club.

But but, I can't afford any players ? If you genuinely can't afford to buy some more players for 16k then you are an idiot and deserve these problems. If you can afford 16k i'll be happy to point out dozens of great players you can buy.

Someone got a wonderkid in their pool

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! Someone got a wonderkid in their pool and I didn't !! No one should get wonderkids, everyone should get one! This guy is going to be the best team in the world forever just because he got this this player. He's going to sell him for £20m and beat everyone forever.

T-Bag says: So fucking what ? Sort your own team out instead of worrying about what someone else got. Go find some players to make your club better, make your tactics the best they can be for your players, win something, win some money and go buy the wonderkid off him, go buy another one. My pool was bloody awful, one of the worse I have ever seen yet i'm top of my qualifying group. Why is that ? Maybe because I spent a little bit of time sorting my team out ?

The days off getting in early and copying & pasting a list of wonderkids into search have gone. Take what you have got and go MANAGE your bloody team. Sell some players, buy some more. I managed to sell the utter crap in my starting pool so I know it's possible.

Where are my skill points?

SUPPORT ARE THE LOSE, I SHOULD HAVE 50m SKILZ POINT BUT I ONLY HAVE 30m. I'm quitting unless they are all returned within the next 6 hours.

T-Bag says: Skills don't do anything. Next.

Other

This is a genuine point someone made in my GW. Some guy set up a quick play competition for 20 teams, then reduced the number to 10 so had to remove some clubs. To be nice he sent a mail asking people to confirm within 5 minutes and he would remove the away/offline people to get the competition going.

Some guy was AFK at the time then went into a rage he got removed and said he was quitting and moving to another GW.

Another guy was going mad that our FA had no U17 competitions and couldn't seem to understand the explanation that there was only 10 U17 teams on the whole GW.

T-Bag says: What is wrong with everyone ? I must conclude that now everyone has had an equal start and they can no longer hop to another GW to perpetually start again they need a new excuses for anything that goes wrong. Stop trying to justify your own problems with half arsed excuses and threats to leave the game. Someone is always going to make it to the top before everyone else, just play your own game and have fun. The FAs have been tiered in such a way that it actually works much better at the middle/lower levels than it used to so you should never really be having any contact with the better clubs if they do break away.

THINK about what is causing whatever issue is effecting you then THINK about what the solution might be. Tip - It's the bleeding obvious one staring you in the face.

3 comments:

  1. Some great points, well made!

    Now to get all the buggers to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone who thinks there is nothing wrong with corners is a *&%£ idiot! DC's with a goal everyother game?!? Come on! The default setting for defending corners is my burly DC's "Mark Tallest" player. This should be if he is at the front post, centre or back post. Have the match engine programmers ever played the game? Don't then know that the team defending has a distinct advantadge when defending a corner! Pretty much everything else I agree with though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great read.

    and to anyone who thinks corners can be exploited - go exploit it yourself

    ReplyDelete