Sunday 11 April 2010

What Will You Do (when the money goes)

And maybe that's the reason why,
You're playing for a one-man side,
It's alright when you're winning though,
But, when you lose, you lose alone.

Team update time I suppose ! Not much to update as I haven't played an official game in or seen an opponent in 6 days and have another 3 days to go before the first AI lands.

Predicted points has me top of my group but I can't see it happening. I can't win any friendly games any more, everyone's team is getting better all the while. I was forced into playing my hand early due to my terrible pool which is why I wanted to get as many games as possible in. It would be a collapse of epic proportions if I finish below 4th though so prize money should be good. Trouble is, by my count I need to buy at LEAST 5 players and my older players have lost 2-3 points in some attributes already.

So you remember on the original launch GWs where there was insane inflation at the start and ridiculous transfer fees ? Well, it seems on my GW this is happening again and I just can't understand it!




Not too shabby, but £750k a piece! One of them has ended up being released but it was apparently give the go ahead by the mods before the buyer later said he was leaving.

These are not isolated transfers either, there's crazy fees all over the place. A 27 year old striker, who's CA135 according to FM10 DB has just gone for £650k ! Due to deals like this everyone is demanding around 10x MV for players. People are openly advertising youths as 3.5* potential and wanting 10-15x MV for them, and the bizarre thing is people are biting and buying them!

I think i'm only annoyed because I don't have anyone I can sell, I can't even shift some average players for £1 - who are ironically better than half the youths who are going for silly money.

Well we got a quickplay last night ! The first 32 man quickplay was announced and filled in 3 minutes, then a second one was announced and that filled in 4 minutes, so it seems maybe there was some demand after all. Didn't go quite so well today when they opened 2 at once, advertised each in a different place resulting in both half filling then forgetting to start them so I withdrew after waiting a while.

I saw some super 15 year old wonderkid and was inspired to build an academy in Romania as there's only one there and it seems like a reasonable footballing nation.

Still really bored in all honesty, going to see what the EFA is like next season. I suspect it's going to hinder potential prize money opportunities with 3 runs. From my experience in beta I go from top of league in one run to bottom somewhere near bottom in another.

I reckon my sub must be due to expire shortly after the final qualifying season finishes. I'll see how it goes, but i'm not leaning towards renewing if i'm honest. I think the game has changed for the better but I just don't like my GW at all, the core game experience (in terms of your day to day) hasn't actually changed at all from the original launch, except there's even less of worth to do. I actually enjoy playing on the beta GW more than I do live.

Speaking of the beta, a quick mention to my heroes who won me promotion today. I had at around 4-5 players injured pretty much all season with suspensions on top. Every game was a battle but they seemed to fight for every ball in every game and even with my massive injury crisis they fought to the very end. Due to some issues at the start of the season this run lasted 5 days and I essentially played the season in 3 days. It's probably been my second favourite season ever on FML despite the fact I didn't play 1 human!

1 comment:

  1. The problem of our GW are 15-16 y.o. moaners, that are spamming the Lobby. In my previous GW, we had around 20 people active on the Lobby everyday, quality people. Almost all of them are, now, in Butragueno. But they gone quiet.

    I'm sure that this is the case for other managers "imported" from the old Gw's in this GW. Why? Because of this spoiled brats.

    When they will leave (or get banned), everything should get on a normal track.

    Anyway, congratz for choosing the romanian training grounds :D

    ReplyDelete