Sunday 18 April 2010

Money

FML gets a little confusing sometimes these days.

What with all the wage multipliers, tax, profit tax and all that jazz. I never really quite know where I am with my finances. What will my projected be if I bid on this player and then that player ? What is the multiplier on this player. Only this morning I declared to my mate I could probably afford to bid £20k on 2 separate players, as it turned out I couldn't even afford it on one because I had forgot youths had a 20x signing on fee.

FML really needs a 'project finances' button so you can see what your finances will look like after you have made a bid. So anyway, I have taken matters into my own hands and created a projected finances calculator to work out what my projected will be based on bids in wage auctions and or transfer auctions.



Anyway, if you want to give it a whirl you can download it here: (it's an excel spreadsheet)

Wage Calculator

Just complete the bits in green.

There's a fair chance that i've buggered something up as I had various problems with it and my Excel skills are not the best in the world. I'll be amazed if there's not something wrong with it, so let me know what you notice. I'm finding it most useful already.

4 comments:

  1. Might be of use matey - an embeddable version of the spreadsheet :)

    [iframe width='500' height='300' frameborder='0' src='http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=td7JX8Fa-MvtaEkboiDyxeg&output=html&widget=true'][/iframe]

    (swap square brackets for normal < and >s)

    Also the projected impact thing would be ace. I think Phil has suggested something in the past too which may be of interest http://www.thebigfrootloopski.co.uk/2010/03/29/football-manager-live/flavour-of-the-week/dynamic-financial-previews :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I can't really get it to work properly embedded though. First off i'm too inept to work out how to change the template on here so it doesn't actually fit width wise! Last time I fiddled with template I broke the whole blog :p

    Plus it only seems to let you view it and not actually fill anything in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, yeah sorry I can't make it so that you can edit it and it won't save. Sorry man. It's either everyone can edit (which could get messy) or no-one can edit.

    I'm not too hot on embedding but it does appear to be easy on wordpress to embed stuff.

    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aku_69fZK0gidGQ3Slg4RmEtTXZ0YUVrYm9pRHl4ZWc&hl=en_GB

    That is a link to your spreadsheet at google. If anyone has a google docs account they can "file" "make a copy" and then it saves a version of the file so that people can tweak.

    Anyways, it's a great spreadsheet. :)

    Ta,
    Rik

    ReplyDelete