Tuesday 13 April 2010

Dumb

Seems to be a few posts on the forums of late from people who are saying they are bored. I do hope they all give the EFA a try as it is much more exciting with seasons which only last a week. It's much faster paced and there's pretty much always something to play for and always something to do. The allowed AI is 75% too so it's not even as though you need to actually be online that much to play all of the games.

The only problem is it's a bloody nightmare to ORG. It took me around an hour and half yesterday to, properly, work out the AI % for all of the teams in the beta. I made a little spreadsheet to record all the data for all 3 runs. I figured going forward it would probably be beneficial to actually up date this after every run as it would be much less time consuming rather than having to go through 3 runs at once, which was effectively 360 or so team standings!

Furthermore, what really winds me up about this FA is if your not around when the league ends you have no ability to see the league standings so you can totally miss where you actually finished if your offline for that day as there's no way to see the previous table. On top of this you can't see what your AI % is either so you can't really be certain you are under the required level. Due to the launch of live I thought I actually might have been over, but wasn't sure!

So last night I decided the best course of action was to create a site which I would update after each run. On here I was planning to list tables of where everyone was at with their AI% so they knew if they were over and needed to bring it down. I was also planning to include screenshots of all of the league standings so if anyone happened to be offline (even as an ORG I have no idea where I finished in 2 runs until I saw the screenshtos yesterday). I had some nice tables and layouts for all of the AI %'s and standings and ready to upload tonight and was going to update it regular.

But I have discovered this is probably a waste of my time. Because tonight I was informed of the latest FML rule. Your not allowed to link to ANY website at all, in the game, anywhere. While I would probably get away with this in the beta, because it's not policed by fucking retards, I guess it's probably not worth my time attempting to do something useful because it's actually against the rules.

Another made up rule ? Another stupid decision by Sega. Who knows. It's apparently covered in the latest code of conduct.

3 comments:

  1. There must have been some mistake as this rule has never been enforced by SEGA.

    The Code of Conduct actually says - FML is an online football management game with official in-game advertising. You must not use any part of the game or forums to advertise/promote your, or anybody else's products, companies or websites. This includes website URLs. The only exception for this is approved FML Community websites or blogs.

    Note the last sentence - you can post that link if you want to.

    Feel free to point your moderators to that sentence. If they want it officially approved - get in touch :)

    Bertie BG
    FML Community

    ReplyDelete
  2. But can you post normal internet links to none FML related sites.. ?

    I was referred to section 7
    Any area where you can enter or edit your own text are covered by these rules; including (but not limited to) Manager Name, Team Name, Stadium Name (including stands), Youth Academies, Manager Profile Picture, Team Badge, Profile Statement and Manager Status.

    Include any website, product or service other than approved FML related websites

    Because you "enter or edit" text in chat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the CoC it also says "Links to external content, such as video clips are allowed, but the content must be appropriate for all members of the gameworld. If in doubt please ask a Moderator BEFORE posting."

    So non FML content may be allowed if it's deemed appropriate.

    ReplyDelete