Saturday 24 April 2010

Smile

Okay this is probably going to be a bit of a weird post but..

I've been accused of a lack of rage lately, and on reflection this is true. Why is it true ? Because I believe they have pretty much fixed the game. Over the months post the reset announcement pretty much every issue regarding the problems with the game was debated to the smallest detail on the beta forums. The discussions were often head spinningly complex and some of the stuff discussed was right out there - We even managed to get a proper proposal for my "delete the FAs!!!!11" idea at one point, but that never came to be.

If my memory serves me correct, I recall the slogan on the Championship Manager 1 loading screen was "Made by football fans, for football fans" - or at least something along those lines.

I don't feel like i'm playing a game any more, I feel as though I am part of the game. What was the last game you played where you directly had some kind of power or influence on how the game was made and what it included ? Seriously, when did that last happen ? When did you get to speak to the developers of a game you like and give them opinions on how to make it better, which they actually pay attention to ? When was the last time you wrote some mad blog and got an email from a developer the next morning ? The answer is almost certainly never.

I did get invited to the infamous council meeting but I didn't attend, but I did however post on the forums everything I thought needed to be changed to sort the game out. And just about everything has been changed to something along the lines of what I said - not that i'm trying to take some credit, but because they were sensible changes.

What I am trying to say is I don't feel like i'm playing a game any more, rather I feel like I am playing MY game. Every single person has a voice to influence the future of the game, SI have made it our game. I was actually slightly nervous at launch thinking, "i hope people like it" knowing that I had taken part, with everyone else, and had some influence on what was actually being released!

So does this mean no more rage ? Of course not, i'll no doubt be back soon when the ME has pissed me off ;)

My only gripe at the moment is (other than the ME being utter dog shit), I feel like the game has been fixed but the GWs (or at least mine) is simply not being run in a manner to fulfil it's potential. There's still a total lack of any competitions or any community feeling despite being on a busy and active GW. Going back to what I said before, I feel like they are ruining all the hard work everyone has put into OUR game. Don't really know if I can be arsed moving to another GW and starting again, again tbh.

The lag issues sound like a pain, but fortunately there's been zero lag at all on my GW.

Oh and i've put my old youth development guide on here now - see links on top right (due to more unfounded random bollocks being spouted by people who ought to know better) should still be fairly current.

1 comment:

  1. Well said, SI don't get enough credit for the fact they listen to us and act on it!

    ReplyDelete