Tuesday 27 April 2010

What ? What You Got

Before the relaunch I was thinking hard for something I could do at the start of the GW to get a jump on the other managers. I came up pretty much blank, with player pools, locked players and the like everything was pretty much locked down tight.

I came up with one solitary idea. Build a youth academy in a respectable footballing nation where no one else has built one. The logic behind this was that the best players generally go to academies and seen as I would have the only one in that region, and it was an area capable of producing good players, I might, just might win the lottery and get myself some top potentials.

As things transpired I couldn't carry out this plan due to issues with my starting pool I needed to spend money on players - Although I did later build a 1.5 star academy in Romania which only had 1 other academy there. Ironically I got a mail off the manager (after he read my blog about it I think) and he told me he had got some top potentials from it!

Anyway a big complaint is doing the rounds in my GW at the moment. The guys who build 5* academies are very aggrieved that those who punted up the small academies first have taken all the best players! I've seen people talking about closing the, threatening to quit the game and all sorts of daft things.

Talk about a short term view ! Now the 5* acadamies are operational, you are going to get more players, so effectively you have more of a chance of one of those being high potential - just because you are receiving more.

In the first week of the GW there was maybe only 10 people playing the lottery, so of course they were going to win big prizes! Now there's 100s playing, but you are buying more tickets with your 5* academy. I guess we still probably get more high potentials generated toward the start of the season too ? Longer term viewpoint required I think !

I sold my first grad for 60k, he was pretty good to be fair but didn't fit my formation and my second one is in my youth team looking okay. Just waiting to hit the jackpot, i'll likely be closing it around season 3 when there's more acadamies though.

Meanwhile i've moved the seniors over to the EFA which appears to have 23 teams in my division, running 3 times ! Not sure what's happened there, but i've been moaning about lack of games so I wont complain about that one. All of the XTRA competitions have started, but I hadn't noticed they all had home playing rights set when I joined, bad times as my AI lost a load of games today. Will likely be withdrawing from all of those if they stay on next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment