Monday 19 April 2010

Talkin Gypsy Market Blues

So I have one fit striker left and my best player, average wise is injured for the remainder of the season, he could make it back for last 2 games. Still sitting top of the league but things are not looking especially good. I've been waiting for my prize money before making my move, but then I thought, hang on, it's paid in 4 instalments next season anyway. Time to make my move, spending time!

Wrote one of my magic transfer mails, injured best player gone for £100k two minutes later (MV 50k) Bids on my 'fine high potential youth' straight away as well as some other players.

To the Market Place ! "Looking for pacey strker, 16/16+ pace/acceleration, worth at least 100k"

PM number 1 comes in - "how much you got to spend "
Me - Up to £1m
PM Number1: Links to a 15 year old MC with 10 pace.
Me - I'm looking for a pacey striker ?
PM Number1: Links to a defender..

PM Number 2 comes in - Links to a 28 year old striker, worth 16k.
Me - I'm looking for someone a bit better than that thanks
PM Number 2 - You said a pacey striker
Me - I also said worth more than £100k ;)
PM Number 2- GL with that /leaves

I love it I really do. no sarcasm

PM3 comes in - Links to someone fitting my criteria! Good times!
/10 minutes later a deal is agreed, alas he's taxed, so the deal is off.
PM3 - How about "really awful player, low ability/potential
me - Not really what i'm after, i'm looking for pace.
PM3 - Trust me, I have the experience, pace doesn't work
me - I have experience too and would like some pace.
PM3 - You NEED this player, he's a target man! £150k. You wont score unless you buy him.
me - I'll leave it thanks.
PM3 - Ok, £100k
me - Mate, I don't want him for free.

Not to mention people demanding ridiculous fees ! I think I was probably a tad drunk after 2 hours of similar conversations to the above but I appeared to have bought some players! They look alright!

Had a 16.5k bid on Sinama-Pongolle, only 3 bids in but alas i'm out bid AGAIN! I was totally convinced this was my man, but once again not. Annoyingly, all the players I decided not to bid on, the final wage was way below what I would have paid ! I've missed out on 2 players due to the scouting bug too, damnit.

Time for plan B, pointed out to me by the real St John union of old, reunited once again. £250k for plan B, 4k wage. 3 games, 6 goals and 2 assists later from plan B and the league is once again looking good.

Current balance is -£651k and i'm planning to spend at least another million if the bank will allow it. I don't believe in playing it safe, i'm going all out, all or nothing, death or glory and all that. I want at least another five players, but i'm totally refusing to deal with anyone asking for silly money.

No comments:

Post a Comment